How to repair your self-esteem after being rejected/ghosted?

I (F22) met someone (M25) on a dating app. Thought he was beautiful. Got way too excited over him. We went on a date. I thought it went well. The second time we met up, we had sex. Then after that I was always the one to initiate conversation. When I realized this, I decided to stop texting him first. Never heard from him again.

This really fucked up my self-esteem (though it’s always been low tbh). I’ve been stuck in my head, trying to figure out what it was about me that turned him off.

I understand my feelings of self-worth are less about losing him and more about how he made me feel about myself.

I really want to move on and continue dating but I’m generally terrified of this happening to me again. It’s so humiliating.

I’m talking to someone new and I’m really scared to meet up with him.

How do I overcome this?



Submitted November 10, 2020 at 11:53PM

I (F22) met someone (M25) on a dating app. Thought he was beautiful. Got way too excited over him. We went on a date. I thought it went well. The second time we met up, we had sex. Then after that I was always the one to initiate conversation. When I realized this, I decided to stop texting him first. Never heard from him again.This really fucked up my self-esteem (though it’s always been low tbh). I’ve been stuck in my head, trying to figure out what it was about me that turned him off.I understand my feelings of self-worth are less about losing him and more about how he made me feel about myself.I really want to move on and continue dating but I’m generally terrified of this happening to me again. It’s so humiliating.I’m talking to someone new and I’m really scared to meet up with him.How do I overcome this?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.