He asked me to leave at midnight after sex

I have now been on four great dates with a guy I met on Hinge - slept with him after the third and stayed the night. Everything seemed to be going well - we had lots in common and great chemistry.

He had been very keen to set up the fourth date after the third, and had booked a nice bar and restaurant for us. The date went pretty well, and I ended up back at his place.

After having sex, however, he suddenly announced at half past midnight he wanted to go to a party, and abruptly got up and started getting dressed. He didn’t ask me whether I wanted to join - it was clear this was my cue to leave.

I ended up leaving in a cab, but felt pretty disappointed about how the night had turned out, and a little offended. I wouldn’t have cared if he had mentioned earlier in the night that he had a party to go to, but bringing me back to his place without any mention of the party, and then heading out again without me in the middle of the night made me feel used.

Am I being unreasonable for feeling this way? Do I tell him how I really feel about it? He is just acting normally with me over text, and doesn’t seem to have registered that I took offence to this.



Submitted November 02, 2020 at 11:25PM

I have now been on four great dates with a guy I met on Hinge - slept with him after the third and stayed the night. Everything seemed to be going well - we had lots in common and great chemistry.He had been very keen to set up the fourth date after the third, and had booked a nice bar and restaurant for us. The date went pretty well, and I ended up back at his place.After having sex, however, he suddenly announced at half past midnight he wanted to go to a party, and abruptly got up and started getting dressed. He didn’t ask me whether I wanted to join - it was clear this was my cue to leave.I ended up leaving in a cab, but felt pretty disappointed about how the night had turned out, and a little offended. I wouldn’t have cared if he had mentioned earlier in the night that he had a party to go to, but bringing me back to his place without any mention of the party, and then heading out again without me in the middle of the night made me feel used.Am I being unreasonable for feeling this way? Do I tell him how I really feel about it? He is just acting normally with me over text, and doesn’t seem to have registered that I took offence to this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.