How can I (23F) ask out a guy (22M) without being awkward or putting him on the spot

I am fairly inexperienced with “dating” as my only serious relationship (which was also my first relationship) started long distance and anything afterwards was strictly physical.

I’m an over-thinker, so please bear with me.

I met this guy in one of my classes about a year ago and we’ve been friendly anytime we see each other, but not close enough to exchange numbers. Of course I decided to make a move right before we all had to leave campus because of the virus, so that didn’t pan out, but now we are back, and I see him a couple times a week in class or on campus. I friended him on FB last week (and he friended me back) even though I honestly never use it, but why not, right?

I’ve decided I want to ask him to coffee but I’m not sure how to go about it. Would it be weird to message him on FB? Like not appropriate because I don’t have his number, so reaching him on FB is overstepping? Should I wait until the right moment in person? I’m just worried there won’t be a “right moment” and I’ll wimp out.

And is “hey! Want to get a coffee sometime?” a clear enough indication of my interest? I don’t want him to feel like he’s hurting my feelings if he chooses to say no, and I also don’t want him to feel awkward around me for the rest of the semester because I made him uncomfortable (especially in the class where he’s my TA).

Any advice would be appreciated. I’m so out of my element here!



Submitted September 25, 2020 at 11:58PM

I am fairly inexperienced with “dating” as my only serious relationship (which was also my first relationship) started long distance and anything afterwards was strictly physical.I’m an over-thinker, so please bear with me.I met this guy in one of my classes about a year ago and we’ve been friendly anytime we see each other, but not close enough to exchange numbers. Of course I decided to make a move right before we all had to leave campus because of the virus, so that didn’t pan out, but now we are back, and I see him a couple times a week in class or on campus. I friended him on FB last week (and he friended me back) even though I honestly never use it, but why not, right?I’ve decided I want to ask him to coffee but I’m not sure how to go about it. Would it be weird to message him on FB? Like not appropriate because I don’t have his number, so reaching him on FB is overstepping? Should I wait until the right moment in person? I’m just worried there won’t be a “right moment” and I’ll wimp out.And is “hey! Want to get a coffee sometime?” a clear enough indication of my interest? I don’t want him to feel like he’s hurting my feelings if he chooses to say no, and I also don’t want him to feel awkward around me for the rest of the semester because I made him uncomfortable (especially in the class where he’s my TA).Any advice would be appreciated. I’m so out of my element here!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.