/u/CarsonNapierOfAmtor on Did anyone else just assume that everyone was asexual until you learned about asexuality?

I was taught that men were visual and women were emotional so women had to dress modestly so men wouldn't be "led into sin" by women exposing their bodies. Men could walk around with their shirts off because women didn't feel lust just by looking at a man the way men did when looking at a woman. There were also tons of bible verses talking about men committing sexual sins but very few about women.

Not only is this a really messed up double standard that leads to blaming women for a man's lack of self control, it also meant I didn't realize how many sexual feelings most women experience. I just assumed all women were like me, neutral about sex, not feeling sexual attraction and just cruising through life without sex ever really crossing my mind. I was at a state college before I realized how sexual most people, regardless of gender, actually were.





March 27, 2020 at 11:49PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.