How do I [29F] communicate that I need more communication with my boyfriend [36M] while we're separated because of quarantine?

My boyfriend and I have been together for just under a year. We usually see each other a couple of times a week, and we've never been the "constantly texting" kind of couple, we both like our space to an extent. I've been self-quarantining for two weeks and haven't seen him in that time. We've had a couple of phone calls/a FaceTime, but for the last week or so he's been "limiting his phone time", which he says has been great for his mental health, and hasn't really texted me unprompted at all, and his replies to my texts have been pretty short and to the point. (At one point I sent him a nude and he barely responded, and didn't offer any kind of compliment or validation).

I'm struggling with this because I feel like I've made an effort to check in on him (asking how he's doing, what he's been up to, how his day was, etc), and he hasn't done that as much for me. I feel like we should be texting each other MORE right now, not less.

All that being said, I haven't communicated any of this to him, so it's not totally his fault that I'm becoming resentful. My question is, how do I bring this up in a way that is respectful of his need to limit phone time while also openly addressing that I'm not happy with how things are?


tl;dr: Boyfriend and I are separated because of quarantine and he's barely reached out to me at all.



Submitted March 27, 2020 at 11:49PM

My boyfriend and I have been together for just under a year. We usually see each other a couple of times a week, and we've never been the "constantly texting" kind of couple, we both like our space to an extent. I've been self-quarantining for two weeks and haven't seen him in that time. We've had a couple of phone calls/a FaceTime, but for the last week or so he's been "limiting his phone time", which he says has been great for his mental health, and hasn't really texted me unprompted at all, and his replies to my texts have been pretty short and to the point. (At one point I sent him a nude and he barely responded, and didn't offer any kind of compliment or validation).I'm struggling with this because I feel like I've made an effort to check in on him (asking how he's doing, what he's been up to, how his day was, etc), and he hasn't done that as much for me. I feel like we should be texting each other MORE right now, not less.All that being said, I haven't communicated any of this to him, so it's not totally his fault that I'm becoming resentful. My question is, how do I bring this up in a way that is respectful of his need to limit phone time while also openly addressing that I'm not happy with how things are?tl;dr: Boyfriend and I are separated because of quarantine and he's barely reached out to me at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.