My (33M) wife (30F) keeps promising to play a game with me and then won't

This seems really petty but it's been hurting my feelings.

I bought a card game I'm really excited about a few weeks ago. My wife said she'd play it with me, at least try it. She's brought it up on her own a few times, "we can play that game tomorrow", etc. But then whenever I ask, she grumbles or says it's bad timing or backs out some way like that.

I keep trying to forget about it, but then she brings up playing again, or I try to approach it after a while. So I get my hopes up, and then when she says no, I get really beaten up inside.

It's REALLY stupid how emotional this is making me feel. I told her I'd stop asking about it and that it's totally fine if she just isn't interested. But she says that's not it and wants to play. We're not busy, ever, so it's not that we don't have time. We sit around and watch shows and play our own games and make art and stuff together.

How should I handle my dumb emotions over this card game? We are really good at talking to each other, but I don't want to bring up how much it's bothering me because 1) it's embarrassing and inconsequential and 2) I don't want her to play out of pity and have a bad time.

Thanks for reading about my "problem".

tldr: Wife says she wants to play a game I'm excited about with me, but she has shot me down every time I've tried to make it happen. I'm feeling disproportionately emotional about it and wondering how best to manage my feelings.



Submitted March 16, 2020 at 12:16AM

This seems really petty but it's been hurting my feelings.I bought a card game I'm really excited about a few weeks ago. My wife said she'd play it with me, at least try it. She's brought it up on her own a few times, "we can play that game tomorrow", etc. But then whenever I ask, she grumbles or says it's bad timing or backs out some way like that.I keep trying to forget about it, but then she brings up playing again, or I try to approach it after a while. So I get my hopes up, and then when she says no, I get really beaten up inside.It's REALLY stupid how emotional this is making me feel. I told her I'd stop asking about it and that it's totally fine if she just isn't interested. But she says that's not it and wants to play. We're not busy, ever, so it's not that we don't have time. We sit around and watch shows and play our own games and make art and stuff together.How should I handle my dumb emotions over this card game? We are really good at talking to each other, but I don't want to bring up how much it's bothering me because 1) it's embarrassing and inconsequential and 2) I don't want her to play out of pity and have a bad time.Thanks for reading about my "problem".tldr: Wife says she wants to play a game I'm excited about with me, but she has shot me down every time I've tried to make it happen. I'm feeling disproportionately emotional about it and wondering how best to manage my feelings.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.