Went on first date with tentative second date

Hi all,

Went on a date with someone I knew years ago in HS. We matched on Tinder (said he had always had a crush on me).. Texted for a day or so and set up a date. Once setting up the date we did not text all week.

Date was great, laughed a lot. Meaningful conversation. Felt nice to catch up on life after not seeing each other for a while. Lasted about 4 hours and 4 rounds of drinks.

No kiss - but I just feel like the timing wasn't right because we were just re-getting to know each other. On my way home he texted and told me to let him know when I got home safe.

I texted him, told him i was home, had a great time and that drinks were on me next time!

He said "sooooo you're saying next time is a thing?" I said umm yeahhh (being cute). He said sounds good with me and told me this time it was my pick (he picked first date). I picked the place and asked him what day worked for him.. He said "tentatively Thursday".

Today is Monday - our tentative date is Thursday. We have not texted. Has interest dwindled? Or is he just not a big texter?

Thanks!



Submitted February 18, 2020 at 12:11AM

Hi all,Went on a date with someone I knew years ago in HS. We matched on Tinder (said he had always had a crush on me).. Texted for a day or so and set up a date. Once setting up the date we did not text all week.Date was great, laughed a lot. Meaningful conversation. Felt nice to catch up on life after not seeing each other for a while. Lasted about 4 hours and 4 rounds of drinks.No kiss - but I just feel like the timing wasn't right because we were just re-getting to know each other. On my way home he texted and told me to let him know when I got home safe.I texted him, told him i was home, had a great time and that drinks were on me next time!He said "sooooo you're saying next time is a thing?" I said umm yeahhh (being cute). He said sounds good with me and told me this time it was my pick (he picked first date). I picked the place and asked him what day worked for him.. He said "tentatively Thursday".Today is Monday - our tentative date is Thursday. We have not texted. Has interest dwindled? Or is he just not a big texter?Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.