[26M] Looking for New Ideas & Dating Advice

Hi all,

I'm a 26 year old guy with a great sales job and a great network of friends. I'm not awkward at all, very social and very confident with myself. However, it's been over 10 years since I've had a relationship and secretly, I'm very lonely.

My upbringing was rough, and I had to grow up too quickly. I had to deal with alot of things that a pre-teen / teenager shouldn't have to deal with.

All my friends (men & women) tell me that I'm not going to find a girl younger than 35 who is at my maturity level. While I appreciate the compliment, I also don't want to accept that. I feel robbed of my childhood and more than anything, I want to reclaim that by dating someone my age. So a couple years ago, I swallowed my pride and started to do things like online dating apps (5-6) and responding to personal ads on Reddit. Both have been resounding failures.

I understand rejection is a part of life, and I have a good professional perspective on that due to my job. But after 10 years of personal rejection both IRL and online, I'm feeling depressed. However, I'm still trying to assess what I can do differently and not give up hope.

Any thoughts, feedback or new ideas on how I can deal with my situation would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.



Submitted February 17, 2020 at 11:53PM

Hi all,I'm a 26 year old guy with a great sales job and a great network of friends. I'm not awkward at all, very social and very confident with myself. However, it's been over 10 years since I've had a relationship and secretly, I'm very lonely.My upbringing was rough, and I had to grow up too quickly. I had to deal with alot of things that a pre-teen / teenager shouldn't have to deal with.All my friends (men & women) tell me that I'm not going to find a girl younger than 35 who is at my maturity level. While I appreciate the compliment, I also don't want to accept that. I feel robbed of my childhood and more than anything, I want to reclaim that by dating someone my age. So a couple years ago, I swallowed my pride and started to do things like online dating apps (5-6) and responding to personal ads on Reddit. Both have been resounding failures.I understand rejection is a part of life, and I have a good professional perspective on that due to my job. But after 10 years of personal rejection both IRL and online, I'm feeling depressed. However, I'm still trying to assess what I can do differently and not give up hope.Any thoughts, feedback or new ideas on how I can deal with my situation would be much appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.