Just realized my husband is abusive, and will never change.

To be fair, he only hits me when he drinks. He only tells me I’m nothing, worthless as a human being, so on and so forth, when he drinks.

He’s said he’ll quit drinking, but he’s said it before and not meant it.

He said he loves me and he’s sorry, but he’s said it before... and because he hasn’t changed, I know he never meant it.

You don’t hurt someone you love.

You don’t really love someone if you intentionally hurt them.

I’m not sure what is different this time that has made me realize that I’m not the love of his life - just a convenient target who is great at stuffing down trauma, and who will keep running the house and doing his laundry regardless of whether or not I feel like I’m dying inside.

At least he was kind enough to ask me what I want for Christmas, less than a week prior, right?



Submitted December 21, 2019 at 12:09AM

To be fair, he only hits me when he drinks. He only tells me I’m nothing, worthless as a human being, so on and so forth, when he drinks.He’s said he’ll quit drinking, but he’s said it before and not meant it.He said he loves me and he’s sorry, but he’s said it before... and because he hasn’t changed, I know he never meant it.You don’t hurt someone you love.You don’t really love someone if you intentionally hurt them.I’m not sure what is different this time that has made me realize that I’m not the love of his life - just a convenient target who is great at stuffing down trauma, and who will keep running the house and doing his laundry regardless of whether or not I feel like I’m dying inside.At least he was kind enough to ask me what I want for Christmas, less than a week prior, right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.