I think I’m in love with my best friend?

This is a really confusing post to me as first of all I’m not sure what love really is and also because I’m a man and my best friend is a man and I’ve known myself to be, without a doubt, straight.

I get really excited when he sends me messages and he’s basically one of the only persons whose messages I open instantly.

Whenever he feels like going out I’m always the first person he asks to join him before asking if I’d want to get other people to come over too.

Sometimes he insists on going out to dinner with just me and it’s like a date with us just talking then fighting over who pays the bills.

I didn’t realize it until now but I miss him when he’s not here.

Writing this has my legs all clenched up and what I feel is just indescribable. I feel like it’s weird but I imagined scenarios where I’d sometimes wake up next to him or he’d wake me up with the biggest hug ever.

I don’t think I’ve ever thought of him in a sexual way. Basically I feel like I want to spend every single one of my days with him but we’ve known each other for so long and it’s so weird that I’m feeling this just now. We’re gonna be separated in 6 months so is it maybe the realization that soon we won’t be together anymore that’s making all these feelings spring up in me? Does this qualify as love? And how would it work if we both identify as straight?



Submitted December 21, 2019 at 12:14AM

This is a really confusing post to me as first of all I’m not sure what love really is and also because I’m a man and my best friend is a man and I’ve known myself to be, without a doubt, straight.I get really excited when he sends me messages and he’s basically one of the only persons whose messages I open instantly.Whenever he feels like going out I’m always the first person he asks to join him before asking if I’d want to get other people to come over too.Sometimes he insists on going out to dinner with just me and it’s like a date with us just talking then fighting over who pays the bills.I didn’t realize it until now but I miss him when he’s not here.Writing this has my legs all clenched up and what I feel is just indescribable. I feel like it’s weird but I imagined scenarios where I’d sometimes wake up next to him or he’d wake me up with the biggest hug ever.I don’t think I’ve ever thought of him in a sexual way. Basically I feel like I want to spend every single one of my days with him but we’ve known each other for so long and it’s so weird that I’m feeling this just now. We’re gonna be separated in 6 months so is it maybe the realization that soon we won’t be together anymore that’s making all these feelings spring up in me? Does this qualify as love? And how would it work if we both identify as straight?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.