I have a crush on my roommate but I don’t know how to effectively flirt to get him to like me back.

Sorry if this is a little scattered! I'm not the best at writing about my "feelings."

I'm not going to put our ages because he uses reddit and I'm nervous he'll see this post and it'll get awkward. He's around three years older than me (I'm a female) and we're both in our mid-twenties.

I'm in the US for an internship and the place I am interning for provides housing for the interns. There are four of us in the house, two males and two females. Because of this, I am around this guy all of the time. We work together, live together, and we usually spend a couple of hours in the presence of one another every weekend when we volunteer at an animal sanctuary.

He's self-proclaimed a little shy and awkward (which is evident), but in my opinion he's definitely warmed up to me over the last few months. Our conversations have become a lot easier now and his smiles seem more genuine. He's also started to understand my humour (it's a little dark). He's also started asking questions back, initiating a few conversations, and occasionally cracks a joke that is teasing in nature (which is huge, I use teasing as a form of affection and I like when people do it back).

I know he's single (I've saw him on both bumble and tinder when we first moved in, but we did not match. Don't know if this means he's not interested/ was not interested at the time/ did not want to make things weird). I'm very bad at telling when people like me so I literally have zero idea whether or not he likes/does not like me back. The other caveat is he's wayyyy hotter than me, so there's definitely a discrepancy there as well.

On top of him being too hot, I'm also terrible at flirting, so I guess the advice I'm asking for is what do I do to find out if he likes me/ get him to like me?

TL;DR: My roommate may be too hot for me but I have a massive crush on him, don't know how to flirt, and want to see if I can get him to like me back.



Submitted October 11, 2019 at 11:32PM

Sorry if this is a little scattered! I'm not the best at writing about my "feelings."I'm not going to put our ages because he uses reddit and I'm nervous he'll see this post and it'll get awkward. He's around three years older than me (I'm a female) and we're both in our mid-twenties.I'm in the US for an internship and the place I am interning for provides housing for the interns. There are four of us in the house, two males and two females. Because of this, I am around this guy all of the time. We work together, live together, and we usually spend a couple of hours in the presence of one another every weekend when we volunteer at an animal sanctuary.He's self-proclaimed a little shy and awkward (which is evident), but in my opinion he's definitely warmed up to me over the last few months. Our conversations have become a lot easier now and his smiles seem more genuine. He's also started to understand my humour (it's a little dark). He's also started asking questions back, initiating a few conversations, and occasionally cracks a joke that is teasing in nature (which is huge, I use teasing as a form of affection and I like when people do it back).I know he's single (I've saw him on both bumble and tinder when we first moved in, but we did not match. Don't know if this means he's not interested/ was not interested at the time/ did not want to make things weird). I'm very bad at telling when people like me so I literally have zero idea whether or not he likes/does not like me back. The other caveat is he's wayyyy hotter than me, so there's definitely a discrepancy there as well.On top of him being too hot, I'm also terrible at flirting, so I guess the advice I'm asking for is what do I do to find out if he likes me/ get him to like me?TL;DR: My roommate may be too hot for me but I have a massive crush on him, don't know how to flirt, and want to see if I can get him to like me back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.