Should I (25F) talk to my brother (14M) about the sexual content he posts on his Instagram?

Throwaway because my dad has a reddit, lol.

My little brother has all of the family members blocked from his Instagram but he forgot to block me. He tends to post a lot of degrading things about sex and women. I didn’t want to tell my mom because I don’t want to cross a boundary of trust between he and I, but I’m wondering if I should even bring it up to him?

He reposts memes about “fucking someone’s daughter” and inappropriate videos of people portraying sexual acts but, with clothes on.

I don’t want to embarrass him, but I’m also worried about him having such a skewed perception of sex and intimacy at such a young age.

TLDR; wondering if I need to address the sexual content my little brother posts on Instagram or if I should let him navigate this part of life on his own.



Submitted September 18, 2019 at 12:01AM

Throwaway because my dad has a reddit, lol.My little brother has all of the family members blocked from his Instagram but he forgot to block me. He tends to post a lot of degrading things about sex and women. I didn’t want to tell my mom because I don’t want to cross a boundary of trust between he and I, but I’m wondering if I should even bring it up to him?He reposts memes about “fucking someone’s daughter” and inappropriate videos of people portraying sexual acts but, with clothes on.I don’t want to embarrass him, but I’m also worried about him having such a skewed perception of sex and intimacy at such a young age.TLDR; wondering if I need to address the sexual content my little brother posts on Instagram or if I should let him navigate this part of life on his own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.