I [22M] have been through an emotional rollercoaster with [22F] and i'm not sure how to proceed

Probably worth mentioning that i've never met this girl in person although we did discuss meeting a few times as we don't live that far apart, we met online about a year ago and hit it off as friends - staying up to early hours of the morning talking and playing games every day. She's really cool, hilarious and even laughs at my god awful jokes which is hard to find nowadays.

I ended up falling for her quite quickly, a few months in she let slip that she had a crush on me and I let her know the feeling was mutual. The following weeks were business as usual with some flirting and the occasional bad pick up line thrown in, then she started to get cold and wouldn't initiate conversation as much.

We spoke about it for a few hours and for lack of better words she's had a bad experience in the past and started comparing traits of mine and things I was doing with her ex's. I believe she's under the impression because I had a few social media interactions (that were minimal and purely platonic) while pursuing her, that the same thing would happen throughout a relationship. I know I can't judge the opinion someone else has of me but I think she's got the wrong end of the stick, I didn't try defend myself too much because I feel like it'd be a bit manipulative to try and there's no changing her opinion in one talk. To me, the thing's she's mentioned that bother her are so benign and i'd never even give it a second thought that it could've been an issue or a red flag, the conversation ended basically with I like you but I don't trust you.

We didn't speak for about a month due to lack of initiation between both of us I guess to allow the dust to settle and then she began messaging me like nothing's happened, i'm a sucker and we started chatting most days for a few hours. I'm not sure where to go from here, I don't know if I can go forward being just friends as i'd always have that "what if" in the back of my mind and I don't think it would be healthy to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.

I can't help the fact that after the month of no talking I've still fallen for this girl.

tl;dr fell for girl online, only live about an hour apart. Feeling was mutual however after talking for some time she's started comparing things I do but blown out of proportion with things her ex was doing to cheat.



Submitted September 17, 2019 at 12:09AM

Probably worth mentioning that i've never met this girl in person although we did discuss meeting a few times as we don't live that far apart, we met online about a year ago and hit it off as friends - staying up to early hours of the morning talking and playing games every day. She's really cool, hilarious and even laughs at my god awful jokes which is hard to find nowadays.I ended up falling for her quite quickly, a few months in she let slip that she had a crush on me and I let her know the feeling was mutual. The following weeks were business as usual with some flirting and the occasional bad pick up line thrown in, then she started to get cold and wouldn't initiate conversation as much.We spoke about it for a few hours and for lack of better words she's had a bad experience in the past and started comparing traits of mine and things I was doing with her ex's. I believe she's under the impression because I had a few social media interactions (that were minimal and purely platonic) while pursuing her, that the same thing would happen throughout a relationship. I know I can't judge the opinion someone else has of me but I think she's got the wrong end of the stick, I didn't try defend myself too much because I feel like it'd be a bit manipulative to try and there's no changing her opinion in one talk. To me, the thing's she's mentioned that bother her are so benign and i'd never even give it a second thought that it could've been an issue or a red flag, the conversation ended basically with I like you but I don't trust you.We didn't speak for about a month due to lack of initiation between both of us I guess to allow the dust to settle and then she began messaging me like nothing's happened, i'm a sucker and we started chatting most days for a few hours. I'm not sure where to go from here, I don't know if I can go forward being just friends as i'd always have that "what if" in the back of my mind and I don't think it would be healthy to put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.I can't help the fact that after the month of no talking I've still fallen for this girl.tl;dr fell for girl online, only live about an hour apart. Feeling was mutual however after talking for some time she's started comparing things I do but blown out of proportion with things her ex was doing to cheat.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.