I am no contact with my dads mother and he wants me to try to build a relationship with her.

English is my first language, I just suck at it. Our marital counsellor that we see to keep being awesome said our relationship is fine.

My Dad(40s) is insisting I(20) break my no contact with his mother (super old) because it makes her upset. This got brought up when I told my dad I was moving back home with my husband (32) to start college. My dad’s mother happens to be on the route we have to take.

I do not have a good relationship with my dad’s mother. I am no contact because she’s condescending to me and my mom (40s) when ever she gets the chance. She insults me whenever I talk to her. In the 3 years I’ve been on my own I have never given her my phone number or address because she’s terrible and doesn’t like me because I’m my moms child.

Great example of who she is, she gave my dad the title of his classic car she gifted him when he was 17 when my parents divorce was finalised like 8 years ago.

The issue is my dad will not take no, we have four cats and there’s no place to go with four cats, I hate her, mom hasn’t even met my husband yet, we have four cats on a three day road trip, and the list goes on. I don’t know how to say no and get it to stick. My husband has been nothing but supportive of me not talking to her.

TLDR: My dad is trying to break my no contact with his mother and won’t take any excuse I give him.



Submitted August 08, 2019 at 12:23AM

English is my first language, I just suck at it. Our marital counsellor that we see to keep being awesome said our relationship is fine.My Dad(40s) is insisting I(20) break my no contact with his mother (super old) because it makes her upset. This got brought up when I told my dad I was moving back home with my husband (32) to start college. My dad’s mother happens to be on the route we have to take.I do not have a good relationship with my dad’s mother. I am no contact because she’s condescending to me and my mom (40s) when ever she gets the chance. She insults me whenever I talk to her. In the 3 years I’ve been on my own I have never given her my phone number or address because she’s terrible and doesn’t like me because I’m my moms child.Great example of who she is, she gave my dad the title of his classic car she gifted him when he was 17 when my parents divorce was finalised like 8 years ago.The issue is my dad will not take no, we have four cats and there’s no place to go with four cats, I hate her, mom hasn’t even met my husband yet, we have four cats on a three day road trip, and the list goes on. I don’t know how to say no and get it to stick. My husband has been nothing but supportive of me not talking to her.TLDR: My dad is trying to break my no contact with his mother and won’t take any excuse I give him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.