help me

Hello, first of all this is my throw away account (don't want people i know to see this, my friends use Reddit), secondly i apologies of any spieling errors I am really trying and bad story telling skills( I have dyslexia so I'm sorry about that). I am making this post for any advice you are willing to share so if you do I thank you

TL;DR ; Significant other M and close friend M got into a fight over me F and I don't know how to feel

So the people;

Me F -> me

My significant other M -> Al

My close friend M -> Sid

(we are all still young and in the same school)

So this is my first relationship, and it has been 8 months now. And my friend ship with Sid has been for about 6-7 years now and he has help me with making new friends in the new school we both went to not knowing many people and basically helped me survive.

So to my knowledge Al and Sid where not friends per say but we all stayed in the same group of friends, we are a close group friends and have been for a over a year now. Me and Al start to get closer of a couple months, we knew each other before but only really started talking back then. We see that we have stuff in common, enjoy each others company, we laugh and played around a lot, play Pokemon, COD, CS etc together and we went on walks in the woods and around a lake. We start texting everyday and well we end up together. Shared our first kiss and more things to come I am sure.

I can't remember when it started, the I dislike Sid comments from Al but I do remember the first time he confronted me about the hole thing, me and Sid have well fiscal moments in our day to day lives nothing that should cause jealousy in my opinion but maybe I am wrong and I am willing to accept that, the only contact me and Sid would have would be like me holding onto his bag because he is really tall and can move people easily in corridors, or we would playfully fight and insult each other(he was tall like i said and I am rather flat chested so we would pick on that) to us both it was all fun and games. Anyway Al said all that and other things made him uncomfortable and that he did not like it so I said, yes I understand that this could make you uncomfortable and all so I will stop with it. And with that I did and all was back to how it was before.

Anyway after months of things being up and down I see that the downs are all ways related to Sid and I dislike this a lot but don't do much about that. I do however spill all my emotions in a drunken state at a party and I can't really remember his response or anything but anyway it was not mentioned again.

Al and Sid end up in a fight, I was there and it was over me. I feel terrible and the worst thing is that it was my fault, if I never started dating and stayed by my self then none of this would have happened. Al started the fight and they got separated by another guy that was there, no one was badly injured just some bruises and scratches .( It pains me to think of this so lets move on). I checked up on both of them after, Sid first (he did not start the confrontation or the fight it's self).

My friends started disliking Al but were never rude about him to my knowledge but I know they make jokes about the hole thing not in a mean way towards me more towards Al.

Other things have happened like Al trying to get rid of Sid from my phone, but nothing as bad as the fight. Still there where comments about Al not liking Sid but I just try and ignoring them. I still see Sid out of school but I all ways have to make it seem like I'm going out to see other friends and not Sid but he is also the reason I get out of the house as well as the other friends I meet up with at parties and to see films and all.

Now I don't want you all to think that Al is all bad, it just seems like that because of this one part of it all I am sharing. Al is also loving and caring too. He always compliments me and as I have said we have a great time together.

So I guess my question is how should I continue, what should I do about the hole thing, Al makes it hard for me to be with a very good and close friend of mine.



Submitted August 07, 2019 at 12:08AM

Hello, first of all this is my throw away account (don't want people i know to see this, my friends use Reddit), secondly i apologies of any spieling errors I am really trying and bad story telling skills( I have dyslexia so I'm sorry about that). I am making this post for any advice you are willing to share so if you do I thank youTL;DR ; Significant other M and close friend M got into a fight over me F and I don't know how to feelSo the people;Me F -> meMy significant other M -> AlMy close friend M -> Sid(we are all still young and in the same school)So this is my first relationship, and it has been 8 months now. And my friend ship with Sid has been for about 6-7 years now and he has help me with making new friends in the new school we both went to not knowing many people and basically helped me survive.So to my knowledge Al and Sid where not friends per say but we all stayed in the same group of friends, we are a close group friends and have been for a over a year now. Me and Al start to get closer of a couple months, we knew each other before but only really started talking back then. We see that we have stuff in common, enjoy each others company, we laugh and played around a lot, play Pokemon, COD, CS etc together and we went on walks in the woods and around a lake. We start texting everyday and well we end up together. Shared our first kiss and more things to come I am sure.I can't remember when it started, the I dislike Sid comments from Al but I do remember the first time he confronted me about the hole thing, me and Sid have well fiscal moments in our day to day lives nothing that should cause jealousy in my opinion but maybe I am wrong and I am willing to accept that, the only contact me and Sid would have would be like me holding onto his bag because he is really tall and can move people easily in corridors, or we would playfully fight and insult each other(he was tall like i said and I am rather flat chested so we would pick on that) to us both it was all fun and games. Anyway Al said all that and other things made him uncomfortable and that he did not like it so I said, yes I understand that this could make you uncomfortable and all so I will stop with it. And with that I did and all was back to how it was before.Anyway after months of things being up and down I see that the downs are all ways related to Sid and I dislike this a lot but don't do much about that. I do however spill all my emotions in a drunken state at a party and I can't really remember his response or anything but anyway it was not mentioned again.Al and Sid end up in a fight, I was there and it was over me. I feel terrible and the worst thing is that it was my fault, if I never started dating and stayed by my self then none of this would have happened. Al started the fight and they got separated by another guy that was there, no one was badly injured just some bruises and scratches .( It pains me to think of this so lets move on). I checked up on both of them after, Sid first (he did not start the confrontation or the fight it's self).My friends started disliking Al but were never rude about him to my knowledge but I know they make jokes about the hole thing not in a mean way towards me more towards Al.Other things have happened like Al trying to get rid of Sid from my phone, but nothing as bad as the fight. Still there where comments about Al not liking Sid but I just try and ignoring them. I still see Sid out of school but I all ways have to make it seem like I'm going out to see other friends and not Sid but he is also the reason I get out of the house as well as the other friends I meet up with at parties and to see films and all.Now I don't want you all to think that Al is all bad, it just seems like that because of this one part of it all I am sharing. Al is also loving and caring too. He always compliments me and as I have said we have a great time together.So I guess my question is how should I continue, what should I do about the hole thing, Al makes it hard for me to be with a very good and close friend of mine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.