Help... Husband has female friends. Should I be worried?

This topic has been an issue between my husband (30 M) and I (26 F) since we’ve been married.

Prior to getting married, we both had close friends of the opposite sex. Nothing inappropriate was ever said or done and infidelity was never an issue. However, we both became a little jealous about our outside friendships and would occasionally argue about them. I could see this becoming a consistent problem so I eventually stopped talking to my guy friends. He still occasionally talks to his female friends.

I personally feel like I got the short end of the stick here, considering I had never, in the 15 years I knew my guy friends, had feelings for them (granted they developed crushes on me at various times). I gave up those relationships regardless because I didn’t want to do anything that made my husband uncomfortable.

The same can’t be said for him because I know he’s had crushes on all his female friends years ago and I feel like that’s inappropriate to continue these relationships especially after marriage. He justifies talking to one specifically because she is the widow of his best friend that past away, so I feel guilty asking him to stop talking to her. It might not be so bad if he shared more with me about talking to them but I think he keeps it quiet because he’s worried about upsetting me.

I may be wrong, but in my experience guys tend to fall for their female friends. Always. Straight male/female friends cannot stay just friends without one falling for the other. Or maybe I’ve just watched too many movies. Idk.

Anyway, has anyone else gone through this with their partner? Any advice is certainly welcomed.



Submitted June 03, 2019 at 07:17PM

This topic has been an issue between my husband (30 M) and I (26 F) since we’ve been married.Prior to getting married, we both had close friends of the opposite sex. Nothing inappropriate was ever said or done and infidelity was never an issue. However, we both became a little jealous about our outside friendships and would occasionally argue about them. I could see this becoming a consistent problem so I eventually stopped talking to my guy friends. He still occasionally talks to his female friends.I personally feel like I got the short end of the stick here, considering I had never, in the 15 years I knew my guy friends, had feelings for them (granted they developed crushes on me at various times). I gave up those relationships regardless because I didn’t want to do anything that made my husband uncomfortable.The same can’t be said for him because I know he’s had crushes on all his female friends years ago and I feel like that’s inappropriate to continue these relationships especially after marriage. He justifies talking to one specifically because she is the widow of his best friend that past away, so I feel guilty asking him to stop talking to her. It might not be so bad if he shared more with me about talking to them but I think he keeps it quiet because he’s worried about upsetting me.I may be wrong, but in my experience guys tend to fall for their female friends. Always. Straight male/female friends cannot stay just friends without one falling for the other. Or maybe I’ve just watched too many movies. Idk.Anyway, has anyone else gone through this with their partner? Any advice is certainly welcomed.

Comments

  1. Since you have never found that it deceives you and you have no proof. the only solution is to stop thoughts and live happily with your husband.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Add Comments, Posts, Links... etc.

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.