Would you date a friend's ex?

[21M - Aspie]

Hey Reddit,

I met someone a while ago that was a right person wrong time kinda deal.

Because I chickened out she went out with a mate of mine; we're good friends but not really close. Long story short that relationship went bad for god knows what and it seems they've both moved on. and my mate wishes it hadn't happened

I started talking to her again recently since it was a project related question and then general conversation happened (over message I know, but I imagine it would be the same in person)

Would he be mad if I moved on his ex?

It has been more or less over 6 months+ I think, and I used to say Ill never date a friends ex, that's not cool blah blah blah. But I'm 21 going on 22 and I haven't had my first relationship Im starting to run out of people who haven't dated my friends ya kno :/ Lots of my 'code of conduct' has changed in the last 3 years.

In his situation, I'd be happy for me and wish both of them well, despite my grievances with the other person. But not everyone in this world works the way I do

Either way, I know this situation won't go anywhere. because none of mine ever do, especially the ones through covid, but I thought Id ask people on their thoughts?

Thanks Reddit

Song Recommendation // A horse with no name - America, George Martin



Submitted September 15, 2021 at 12:15AM

[21M - Aspie]Hey Reddit,​I met someone a while ago that was a right person wrong time kinda deal.Because I chickened out she went out with a mate of mine; we're good friends but not really close. Long story short that relationship went bad for god knows what and it seems they've both moved on. and my mate wishes it hadn't happenedI started talking to her again recently since it was a project related question and then general conversation happened (over message I know, but I imagine it would be the same in person)​Would he be mad if I moved on his ex?It has been more or less over 6 months+ I think, and I used to say Ill never date a friends ex, that's not cool blah blah blah. But I'm 21 going on 22 and I haven't had my first relationship Im starting to run out of people who haven't dated my friends ya kno :/ Lots of my 'code of conduct' has changed in the last 3 years.In his situation, I'd be happy for me and wish both of them well, despite my grievances with the other person. But not everyone in this world works the way I doEither way, I know this situation won't go anywhere. because none of mine ever do, especially the ones through covid, but I thought Id ask people on their thoughts?​Thanks RedditSong Recommendation // A horse with no name - America, George Martin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.