/u/I_serve_Anubis on My mum is being unintentionally aphobic/queerphobic help.

This is the way I try to explain that sexuality is “attraction to” Not “sex with.”

so you think ( insert random person ) is gay because he has sex with other men right ?

so your saying that if he was to be injured/sick and could no longer engage in sex he would stop being gay ?

He is not gay because he has sex with men, he is gay because he is sexually attracted to men.

I chose gay because this is the example I use with my friends name, but this obviously works for any sexual orientation. People don’t stop being straight/Bi/pan/lesbian etc just because they can’t have sex.





September 14, 2021 at 11:57PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.