/u/Clash_D on What do you think is could be the cause of asexuality

I can only speak for myself, as I have no recollection of my sexuality status before I got prescribed antidepressants (I was 14 at most). I had a range of traumatic experiences regarding sex that started when I was just a pre teen and continued until I was 20 or so too, so I can't rule them out as possible contributors to my asexuality either (I'm a very positive/ambivalent aego-demisexual). Thing is, I could have been allosexual before the trauma and the meds but I'll probably never know, I was too young and my memories about my childhood/early teens are pretty fuzzy and unorganized. All that being said, I do find a lot of comfort and validation knowing that there are other people that feel like me, with whom I don't have to navigate through hours of "defending myself" just to get a nod of approval from. I don't know if I was born like this, but I know I didn't choose it and even though my sexuality might change in the future finding out about asexuality has truly helped me putting my mind at ease.





September 20, 2021 at 11:29PM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.