“I value our friendship too much”

Some backstory

A few nights ago I tracked up to a college campus to visit some of my high school friends. I am not going to this school, I just traveled there to see everyone.

I reunited with some of my friends and we walked around the campus and drank alcohol. I’m a bit of a lightweight so I wasn’t walking properly and there were cops around so this girl I had been crushing with the past few months started to hold my hand. It eventually escalated to me putting my arms around her and eventually to us making out. We kept walking around, eventually I sobered up a little and we went back to her dorm.

We went for a walk at like 4am and talked about our future and if there were any prospects for a relationship. We both said we would try to make it work. We kissed again and this time we were both pretty much sober

I woke up the next morning and we talked about it again. She said she is worried about ruining our friendship, and if we eventually broke up then we wouldn’t be able to be friends anymore. We both have dealt with some pretty shitty break ups so I think she’s maybe concerned about that. She told me she’s liked me for a long time also and that she legitimately has feelings for me.

I know the “I value our friendship” shit is a huge cliche and usually is code for “I don’t like you but I don’t want to hurt your feelings,” but we made out like 3 times and talked for several hours so I’m wondering if there is a chance this is legitimately how she feels.

Is there anything I should say to help ease her worries? I really want to try to make this work if possible because that night was one of the best of my entire life.

Nothing has been resolved yet, we said we’d think about it and talk it over later



Submitted August 29, 2021 at 11:36PM

Some backstoryA few nights ago I tracked up to a college campus to visit some of my high school friends. I am not going to this school, I just traveled there to see everyone.I reunited with some of my friends and we walked around the campus and drank alcohol. I’m a bit of a lightweight so I wasn’t walking properly and there were cops around so this girl I had been crushing with the past few months started to hold my hand. It eventually escalated to me putting my arms around her and eventually to us making out. We kept walking around, eventually I sobered up a little and we went back to her dorm.We went for a walk at like 4am and talked about our future and if there were any prospects for a relationship. We both said we would try to make it work. We kissed again and this time we were both pretty much soberI woke up the next morning and we talked about it again. She said she is worried about ruining our friendship, and if we eventually broke up then we wouldn’t be able to be friends anymore. We both have dealt with some pretty shitty break ups so I think she’s maybe concerned about that. She told me she’s liked me for a long time also and that she legitimately has feelings for me.I know the “I value our friendship” shit is a huge cliche and usually is code for “I don’t like you but I don’t want to hurt your feelings,” but we made out like 3 times and talked for several hours so I’m wondering if there is a chance this is legitimately how she feels.Is there anything I should say to help ease her worries? I really want to try to make this work if possible because that night was one of the best of my entire life.Nothing has been resolved yet, we said we’d think about it and talk it over later

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.