Clueless guy (33M) looking for help to figure out if she is into me.

Some background information to start with.

I (33M) matched with this woman (35F) on OkCupid a few weeks ago. I was only there looking for new friends as romantic feelings doesn't come easy for me. She was looking for new friends and long-term dating and is a demisexual. We have only been texting online so far as both of us are the shy type and big introverts , plus the fact that she lives in another country.

Recently however, I have been starting to get some romantic feelings towards her, but given she is demi, I am not sure if it's too early to tell her about it. I am very bad at reading into these things, so I'm hoping some of you on here could give your take on this situation.

Based on the following, she does seem to be interested in me, but I'm not sure if it's just purely on a platonic level.

  1. We have been texting every single day for these past 4 weeks, and she quite often initiates these conversations and ask how my day is.
  2. She is always pretty quick to respond, and often updates me on what she is doing, and sometimes just out of the blue, and sometimes just to say she is going to bed and wish me a good night.
    Uses quite a lot of emojis as well, be it laughing, grin or even blush emotes. She has used these since day 1 though, so that might just be part of her usual texting style.
  3. While she doesn't ask that many questions, she does usually expand on things I tell her about myself by sharing her own experiences as well.
  4. She has suggested that I come visit a couple of times, which is obviously not ideal at the moment due to the still ongoing covid situation.

I do know that it's impossible to say anything for sure, but does this give off any vibes? I know demisexuals can take a long time to develop sexual attraction, but from what I understand it's not always the same for romantic attraction? I like the friendship we have at the moment, and so the last thing I want is to make things awkward if she doesn't at all feel the same.



Submitted August 30, 2021 at 12:02AM

Some background information to start with.I (33M) matched with this woman (35F) on OkCupid a few weeks ago. I was only there looking for new friends as romantic feelings doesn't come easy for me. She was looking for new friends and long-term dating and is a demisexual. We have only been texting online so far as both of us are the shy type and big introverts , plus the fact that she lives in another country.Recently however, I have been starting to get some romantic feelings towards her, but given she is demi, I am not sure if it's too early to tell her about it. I am very bad at reading into these things, so I'm hoping some of you on here could give your take on this situation.Based on the following, she does seem to be interested in me, but I'm not sure if it's just purely on a platonic level.We have been texting every single day for these past 4 weeks, and she quite often initiates these conversations and ask how my day is.She is always pretty quick to respond, and often updates me on what she is doing, and sometimes just out of the blue, and sometimes just to say she is going to bed and wish me a good night.Uses quite a lot of emojis as well, be it laughing, grin or even blush emotes. She has used these since day 1 though, so that might just be part of her usual texting style.While she doesn't ask that many questions, she does usually expand on things I tell her about myself by sharing her own experiences as well.She has suggested that I come visit a couple of times, which is obviously not ideal at the moment due to the still ongoing covid situation.I do know that it's impossible to say anything for sure, but does this give off any vibes? I know demisexuals can take a long time to develop sexual attraction, but from what I understand it's not always the same for romantic attraction? I like the friendship we have at the moment, and so the last thing I want is to make things awkward if she doesn't at all feel the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.