Met a recovering (?) sex addict and skeptical re:dating them

Xposted: Hi, I’d like to gain more advice to inform my situation.

I met someone online (dating app) who says they are a sex addict in recovery. We haven’t met but there seems to be a connection and we’ve been getting to know one another. This person claims to be seeking a serious LTR. However, immediately after speaking, this person blocks me from texting and has blocked me on social media. I confronted this person and they said this behavior was to keep them from going overboard somehow. They will unblock me to speak and then block me again afterward.

To me, this seems like the behavior of someone hiding behavior from a spouse or something, but I can see where this could be valid and don’t want to be rash. I don’t know them well or know much about addiction in general and don’t want to be unfair, but I’m dubious for my own well-being too.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!



Submitted January 01, 2021 at 11:48PM

Xposted: Hi, I’d like to gain more advice to inform my situation.I met someone online (dating app) who says they are a sex addict in recovery. We haven’t met but there seems to be a connection and we’ve been getting to know one another. This person claims to be seeking a serious LTR. However, immediately after speaking, this person blocks me from texting and has blocked me on social media. I confronted this person and they said this behavior was to keep them from going overboard somehow. They will unblock me to speak and then block me again afterward.To me, this seems like the behavior of someone hiding behavior from a spouse or something, but I can see where this could be valid and don’t want to be rash. I don’t know them well or know much about addiction in general and don’t want to be unfair, but I’m dubious for my own well-being too.Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.