I get anxiety every time I see or hear people talking about relationships, especially men.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but...

I've (21/f) noticed that this started happening last year. I was in a relationship for about 2 months that wasn't good and school was stressing me. This caused my anxiety to start acting up.

Every time I listen to podcasts about relationships or see people online make posts about exes and things that ruin relationships I can feel my heart start racing. It's even worse if it's men talking about it. Had to also stop talking to my ex because I would get anxious every time he would text me. If I see a video on youtube that talks about mistakes people make in a relationship or how to know when to break up with someone I can feel it again. It's so bad I have to avoid anything about relationships most of the time.

Has anybody experienced this? How can I deal with it?

TLDR: Anxiety issues whenever I see/ hear anything that reminds me of a previous relationship.



Submitted August 24, 2020 at 12:06AM

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this post but...I've (21/f) noticed that this started happening last year. I was in a relationship for about 2 months that wasn't good and school was stressing me. This caused my anxiety to start acting up.Every time I listen to podcasts about relationships or see people online make posts about exes and things that ruin relationships I can feel my heart start racing. It's even worse if it's men talking about it. Had to also stop talking to my ex because I would get anxious every time he would text me. If I see a video on youtube that talks about mistakes people make in a relationship or how to know when to break up with someone I can feel it again. It's so bad I have to avoid anything about relationships most of the time.Has anybody experienced this? How can I deal with it?TLDR: Anxiety issues whenever I see/ hear anything that reminds me of a previous relationship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.