My friend (F/20) is dating a guy that I think is a complete idiot (M/23)

THROWRA

My friend F (20) is dating a guy (23.) he is the manager of a chipotle and for some reason I do not like him but I don’t want to tell her as she has had shitty relationships in the past. Am I right for thinking she could do much better?

Here are some reasons I think so. Please tell me if I’m being too judgmental.

1) He gets his dogs (technically his roommates dogs) high on weed because they hot box, and basically asked me why I don’t get my puppy high. He said it’s “the dogs choice” whether they want to leave the room or stay and get high. I can’t begin to fathom how dumb that is.

1) he didn’t get a college education, and my friend and I are seniors in college. I know judging this kind of thing can be in poor taste, but she is planning on moving across the country after graduating to pursue her career while his life goal is to... continue being the manager of chipotle

2) he constantly talks about these really dumb conspiracy theories he believes, like how he does not use microwaves because they are dangerous, and other things that make almost no sense

3) he brags about how he got his ex GF into stripping. Which is cringey and sort of slimy? In my opinion.

4) HE DOESN’T SLEEP ON A BED . He sleeps on the floor. He spends that money on weed, and also he thought it wasn’t worth it in case he wants to “get up and go” at a moments notice. My friend sleeps on this FOAM PAD with him on the ground whenever she sleeps over at his place.

5) he keeps telling her I’m mean and don’t like him. Which literally isn’t true. am I going to tell him he can’t get his dog high? Yes.

He generally just has a negative disposition. Now maybe that’s because he’s not comfortable with us as her friends and roommates yet but I do not care. He can be a little easier to be around. There’s just something about him. Beneath the surface. When I asked him if he considered himself a more “serious” or “light-hearted” type of person in terms of his outlook on life, he looked me straight in the eyes and said “as long as you don’t give me a problem.”

God does he sound awful or am I neurotic? I know other friends have said this as well. But no one wants to talk about it too much including me, because it’s rude behind her back.

TLDR: my friends bf is a 23 year old man without a college education, gets his dogs high, says really dumb things, and sleeps on the floor. I think he’s trash. Am I right and is there anything I should do?



Submitted May 04, 2020 at 11:50PM

THROWRAMy friend F (20) is dating a guy (23.) he is the manager of a chipotle and for some reason I do not like him but I don’t want to tell her as she has had shitty relationships in the past. Am I right for thinking she could do much better?Here are some reasons I think so. Please tell me if I’m being too judgmental.1) He gets his dogs (technically his roommates dogs) high on weed because they hot box, and basically asked me why I don’t get my puppy high. He said it’s “the dogs choice” whether they want to leave the room or stay and get high. I can’t begin to fathom how dumb that is.1) he didn’t get a college education, and my friend and I are seniors in college. I know judging this kind of thing can be in poor taste, but she is planning on moving across the country after graduating to pursue her career while his life goal is to... continue being the manager of chipotle2) he constantly talks about these really dumb conspiracy theories he believes, like how he does not use microwaves because they are dangerous, and other things that make almost no sense3) he brags about how he got his ex GF into stripping. Which is cringey and sort of slimy? In my opinion.4) HE DOESN’T SLEEP ON A BED . He sleeps on the floor. He spends that money on weed, and also he thought it wasn’t worth it in case he wants to “get up and go” at a moments notice. My friend sleeps on this FOAM PAD with him on the ground whenever she sleeps over at his place.5) he keeps telling her I’m mean and don’t like him. Which literally isn’t true. am I going to tell him he can’t get his dog high? Yes.He generally just has a negative disposition. Now maybe that’s because he’s not comfortable with us as her friends and roommates yet but I do not care. He can be a little easier to be around. There’s just something about him. Beneath the surface. When I asked him if he considered himself a more “serious” or “light-hearted” type of person in terms of his outlook on life, he looked me straight in the eyes and said “as long as you don’t give me a problem.”God does he sound awful or am I neurotic? I know other friends have said this as well. But no one wants to talk about it too much including me, because it’s rude behind her back.TLDR: my friends bf is a 23 year old man without a college education, gets his dogs high, says really dumb things, and sleeps on the floor. I think he’s trash. Am I right and is there anything I should do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.