Guy I'm dating might have brought bed bugs to my apartment, and he wants to come over this weekend. What to do?

I moved into this apartment at the start of April and have been loving it. Things were perfect here.

 

Then I started dating a mutual friend, and invited him over a few times. He spent the night once.

 

It had been 3 days since he was last here, when I found a single bedbug in my bed! I was so disappointed in myself for not only having broken the principle of social distancing, but also about potentially having made a poor judgement about the hygiene of who I'm dating.

 

Anyway, he's the only person who's been here since I moved in, and I haven't been to anyone else's house.

 

He asked me today if I'm free for a date tomorrow at my place, but I'm not sure if it's safe for me to have him over. I had an exterminator come and spray the place, but if it's this guy I'm dating who brought the bugs, then that will just decrease the effectiveness of the treatment, right?

 

How do I ask him tactfully if he has bed bugs, and say that I might prefer a virtual date if thats' the case? I don't want to be assumptive about it. I genuinely just don't want to infest his place or for him to re-infest mine.

 

I also don't want to go shouting from the rooftops that I have bedbugs and scare him away... This is a precarious situation.



Submitted May 01, 2020 at 11:27PM

I moved into this apartment at the start of April and have been loving it. Things were perfect here. Then I started dating a mutual friend, and invited him over a few times. He spent the night once. It had been 3 days since he was last here, when I found a single bedbug in my bed! I was so disappointed in myself for not only having broken the principle of social distancing, but also about potentially having made a poor judgement about the hygiene of who I'm dating. Anyway, he's the only person who's been here since I moved in, and I haven't been to anyone else's house. He asked me today if I'm free for a date tomorrow at my place, but I'm not sure if it's safe for me to have him over. I had an exterminator come and spray the place, but if it's this guy I'm dating who brought the bugs, then that will just decrease the effectiveness of the treatment, right? How do I ask him tactfully if he has bed bugs, and say that I might prefer a virtual date if thats' the case? I don't want to be assumptive about it. I genuinely just don't want to infest his place or for him to re-infest mine. I also don't want to go shouting from the rooftops that I have bedbugs and scare him away... This is a precarious situation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.