It’s Okay To Dislike Condoms

(Please read full post)

I saw an article the other day by a woman, who was explaining “why men hate condoms”.

I was curious why you would need an article for that. The answers fairly simple. The don’t feel good. They’re not (complete) torture but sex without a condom is 10/10 and sex with a condom is about a 4/10. A lot of my friends and I agree.

However, the article said a bunch of weird things. I’ll list them off and explain the truth about them.

  1. Because men wear ‘the wrong’ condoms.

I thought this was strange but it makes sense. Wearing a condom the complete opposite of your size would suck. But she then went onto say “a good fitting condom feels the same as bareback sex”.

That’s just not true lol. Or at least for a lot of guys. It can feel better than a bad condom. But it doesn’t come close to bare. And this includes different condoms too. Latex, Skyn, lamb, at the end of the day it’s still wrapping your junk up.

  1. Because of psychology reasons

Uhhh nope not really. I’m sure a few guys feel this way but most of the time, it’s the feel. Like, straight up the feel (or lack there of).

  1. Because they’re incredibly selfish to like “a tiny bit more pleasure”

This one confused me for a second. She essentially went on a rant about how it’s only a tiny bit more pleasure and guys just don’t care so they’re selfish.

I got a bit confused. But then I understood what she meant.

Women can’t feel a big difference between condoms and no condoms. Some can, but for most it’s not a big deal.

How do I know this? From general experience talking to women but also the way the author said “slightly more pleasure”

I’ve seen women say that a lot. “Slightly more pleasure” when referring to condoms vs no condom.

For many (not all) women, it’s slightly more pleasure. It’s “just a little bit” different. Not that big of a deal. Sure some of them prefer without, but most of the time they don’t care.

For guys it’s not “slightly more pleasure”. It’s A LOT more pleasure. It’s freaking insane.

But because men and women are different we don’t understand that. Don’t get me wrong, it’s selfish to sulk about condoms, but men aren’t sulking over losing “a tiny bit of pleasure”. It doesn’t make the sulking right, but don’t lie about it.

NOW HOLD UP

Before you type “safe sex don’t listen to op he’s a piece of shit who doesn’t care about his own or anyone else’s health....”

I ENCOURAGE and demand condom use. I’ve never had sex without a condom unless I’ve been in a relationship with someone for more than 6 months. 6 painful months...

The point of this post is to say:

it’s okay to not like condoms. It is okay to hate them. You’re not “doing it wrong” everybody is different. BUT please use condoms and consider your and your partners health and well-being FIRST, always

I just felt like this needed to be said. Because I was told in sex Ed (by a female teacher...) that condoms reducing sexual pleasure is a myth. It’s not... we don’t have to lie to people to get them to have safe sex.

For a lot of guys, condoms make sex pretty ‘meh’. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use them. But we shouldn’t pretend those men are lying, over exaggerating or just “doing it wrong”.

I’ve tried every condom out there (yes even Skyn, felt like a regular condom) I’ve put lube in the tip, I’m even uncircumcised. I’ve done it all. I still hate condoms, but that’s okay. It’s okay to have a preference.

Tl:dr - it’s okay to admit condoms suck. Men aren’t lying. But still use them.



Submitted April 16, 2020 at 12:05AM

(Please read full post)I saw an article the other day by a woman, who was explaining “why men hate condoms”.I was curious why you would need an article for that. The answers fairly simple. The don’t feel good. They’re not (complete) torture but sex without a condom is 10/10 and sex with a condom is about a 4/10. A lot of my friends and I agree.However, the article said a bunch of weird things. I’ll list them off and explain the truth about them.Because men wear ‘the wrong’ condoms.I thought this was strange but it makes sense. Wearing a condom the complete opposite of your size would suck. But she then went onto say “a good fitting condom feels the same as bareback sex”.That’s just not true lol. Or at least for a lot of guys. It can feel better than a bad condom. But it doesn’t come close to bare. And this includes different condoms too. Latex, Skyn, lamb, at the end of the day it’s still wrapping your junk up.Because of psychology reasonsUhhh nope not really. I’m sure a few guys feel this way but most of the time, it’s the feel. Like, straight up the feel (or lack there of).Because they’re incredibly selfish to like “a tiny bit more pleasure”This one confused me for a second. She essentially went on a rant about how it’s only a tiny bit more pleasure and guys just don’t care so they’re selfish.I got a bit confused. But then I understood what she meant.Women can’t feel a big difference between condoms and no condoms. Some can, but for most it’s not a big deal.How do I know this? From general experience talking to women but also the way the author said “slightly more pleasure”I’ve seen women say that a lot. “Slightly more pleasure” when referring to condoms vs no condom.For many (not all) women, it’s slightly more pleasure. It’s “just a little bit” different. Not that big of a deal. Sure some of them prefer without, but most of the time they don’t care.For guys it’s not “slightly more pleasure”. It’s A LOT more pleasure. It’s freaking insane.But because men and women are different we don’t understand that. Don’t get me wrong, it’s selfish to sulk about condoms, but men aren’t sulking over losing “a tiny bit of pleasure”. It doesn’t make the sulking right, but don’t lie about it.NOW HOLD UPBefore you type “safe sex don’t listen to op he’s a piece of shit who doesn’t care about his own or anyone else’s health....”I ENCOURAGE and demand condom use. I’ve never had sex without a condom unless I’ve been in a relationship with someone for more than 6 months. 6 painful months...The point of this post is to say:it’s okay to not like condoms. It is okay to hate them. You’re not “doing it wrong” everybody is different. BUT please use condoms and consider your and your partners health and well-being FIRST, alwaysI just felt like this needed to be said. Because I was told in sex Ed (by a female teacher...) that condoms reducing sexual pleasure is a myth. It’s not... we don’t have to lie to people to get them to have safe sex.For a lot of guys, condoms make sex pretty ‘meh’. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use them. But we shouldn’t pretend those men are lying, over exaggerating or just “doing it wrong”.I’ve tried every condom out there (yes even Skyn, felt like a regular condom) I’ve put lube in the tip, I’m even uncircumcised. I’ve done it all. I still hate condoms, but that’s okay. It’s okay to have a preference.Tl:dr - it’s okay to admit condoms suck. Men aren’t lying. But still use them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.