My heart condition is all I can think about when I have sex

I'm 27 and I was diagnosed with a congenital heart condition about a month ago. It's not life threatening yet, but it's going to require surgery at some point before it becomes a risk factor. My doctor told me it was a good thing I wasn't an athlete, doing a lot of strenuous activity could've used up my heart a lot faster than most people.

It's 100% psychological because, as far as I know, it hasn't really impacted my life so far, but when I have sex with my girlfriend, I feel my heart rate go up and as soon as I can feel it, it's all I can focus on. Just feeling my heart beating faster and harder than usual is kind of scary and it makes it really difficult to enjoy the moment and be myself.

Any advice?



Submitted March 08, 2020 at 11:52PM

I'm 27 and I was diagnosed with a congenital heart condition about a month ago. It's not life threatening yet, but it's going to require surgery at some point before it becomes a risk factor. My doctor told me it was a good thing I wasn't an athlete, doing a lot of strenuous activity could've used up my heart a lot faster than most people.It's 100% psychological because, as far as I know, it hasn't really impacted my life so far, but when I have sex with my girlfriend, I feel my heart rate go up and as soon as I can feel it, it's all I can focus on. Just feeling my heart beating faster and harder than usual is kind of scary and it makes it really difficult to enjoy the moment and be myself.Any advice?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.