I 23M, am struggling with processing

So I'm not sure if this is allowed here, so sorry if it isn't.

My [23F] ex-partner cheated on me multiple times and we ended some time ago. I believe that I am processing this well. However, due to this, I think I am a little damaged. (Hence the relevance)

Recently, I was talking to someone that was almost a fantasy woman. She is wonderful. Even though she was 4000 miles away. We were talking for a week about numerous different things, built a type of friendship/connection thingy. We were discussing meeting up and considering trying to turn a distant connection into a real thing.

Understandably, she decided this wasn't for her for many different reasons and I completely appreciate and respect her opinion.

Now I feel like I placed WAY too many eggs into this pipe dream. I never met this person so I clearly became very attached to this person and fabricated so many different ideas in my head of what it could have been. So now, I feel like I have lost something... Surely I shouldn't be hurting? Right?

I have no idea how I can create such idealistic attachments, yet I do.

So I am thinking I need to learn to be single.

Something isn't right in my mindset to be hurting this way. Surely?

Any advice is appreciated.

TL;DR: I clearly don't process things right, any advice?



Submitted March 29, 2020 at 12:08AM

So I'm not sure if this is allowed here, so sorry if it isn't.My [23F] ex-partner cheated on me multiple times and we ended some time ago. I believe that I am processing this well. However, due to this, I think I am a little damaged. (Hence the relevance)Recently, I was talking to someone that was almost a fantasy woman. She is wonderful. Even though she was 4000 miles away. We were talking for a week about numerous different things, built a type of friendship/connection thingy. We were discussing meeting up and considering trying to turn a distant connection into a real thing.Understandably, she decided this wasn't for her for many different reasons and I completely appreciate and respect her opinion.Now I feel like I placed WAY too many eggs into this pipe dream. I never met this person so I clearly became very attached to this person and fabricated so many different ideas in my head of what it could have been. So now, I feel like I have lost something... Surely I shouldn't be hurting? Right?I have no idea how I can create such idealistic attachments, yet I do.So I am thinking I need to learn to be single.Something isn't right in my mindset to be hurting this way. Surely?Any advice is appreciated.TL;DR: I clearly don't process things right, any advice?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.