Girlfriend's mom has serious attachment issues

Me (male, 14) and my gf (13 almost 14) have been together for 2 months as of April 2nd, and it has been apparent that her mom refuses to accept that her and I are actually dating. She doesn't let us go out on dates alone (my mom or dad have to be there to some extent (at movies: mom/dad have to be in the theater.) And it is stopping me from seeing her as often as we'd like. What can I do to either:

  1. Cope with this (we need the physical contact)
  2. Help her mom understand that my gf is not 5.

TL;DR My girlfriends mom has attachment issues and i need help dealing with it.



Submitted March 29, 2020 at 12:10AM

Me (male, 14) and my gf (13 almost 14) have been together for 2 months as of April 2nd, and it has been apparent that her mom refuses to accept that her and I are actually dating. She doesn't let us go out on dates alone (my mom or dad have to be there to some extent (at movies: mom/dad have to be in the theater.) And it is stopping me from seeing her as often as we'd like. What can I do to either:Cope with this (we need the physical contact)Help her mom understand that my gf is not 5.TL;DR My girlfriends mom has attachment issues and i need help dealing with it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.