What’s wrong with me? Someone help

Anyone else as clueless as I am with dating? How do people even date these days? I have a good amount of dating experience and have been in two long term relationships and I still don’t know wtf I’m doing.

Long story short, I (28F) met a guy (27M) last year who was in town for a month and we had a fun fling but also a low key genuine, intense connection. We’ve kept in touch since then and at some point a couple months ago, admitted to having feelings for each other.

I constantly remind myself that nothing will come of this because of the distance but I know how rare it is to meet people you really connect with.

A couple weeks ago, he reached out to let me know he was gonna be in town this weekend for a long weekend and wanted to see me. I told him I was down but we never made solid plans as it was a few weeks away but it’s now Tuesday and he’s supposed to be here Thursday and I haven’t heard from him.

He’s not very organized and is somewhat spontaneous when it comes to making plans so I’m surprised he even let me know a few weeks ahead of time. I guess a part of me wants to play it cool and not get my hopes up but I definitely wanna see him again. I haven’t been able to forget about him.

Do I hit him up to confirm he’s still gonna be in town and wants to hang out? Do I wait for him to let me know he’s in town? Why even see him if I know it’ll just make it harder for me? What do I do??



Submitted February 11, 2020 at 11:55PM

Anyone else as clueless as I am with dating? How do people even date these days? I have a good amount of dating experience and have been in two long term relationships and I still don’t know wtf I’m doing.Long story short, I (28F) met a guy (27M) last year who was in town for a month and we had a fun fling but also a low key genuine, intense connection. We’ve kept in touch since then and at some point a couple months ago, admitted to having feelings for each other.I constantly remind myself that nothing will come of this because of the distance but I know how rare it is to meet people you really connect with.A couple weeks ago, he reached out to let me know he was gonna be in town this weekend for a long weekend and wanted to see me. I told him I was down but we never made solid plans as it was a few weeks away but it’s now Tuesday and he’s supposed to be here Thursday and I haven’t heard from him.He’s not very organized and is somewhat spontaneous when it comes to making plans so I’m surprised he even let me know a few weeks ahead of time. I guess a part of me wants to play it cool and not get my hopes up but I definitely wanna see him again. I haven’t been able to forget about him.Do I hit him up to confirm he’s still gonna be in town and wants to hang out? Do I wait for him to let me know he’s in town? Why even see him if I know it’ll just make it harder for me? What do I do??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.