(M19) Asking a girl out for the first time

Hi Guys

I understand that there will be countless threads like this but I couldn't find one to deal with my particular concerns. Basically there's a girl (F19) in one of my classes who I'd like to ask out. My worries are as follows...

  • I don't know her super well, we only talk in class, on average I speak to her about 10 mins per week. I'd love to talk to her more, but the only way to do so is to ask her out.

  • I'm worried if I get rejected it will be a little awkward as we will still be in the same class.

  • Therefore ideally I'd look for a way of asking her out which could potentially be framed as not quite a 'date'. I understand that this is a little foolish, but ideally I could make a hint but then back down if I get rejected so it wouldn't be so awkward. And yeah I know I sound like a coward but I'm pretty shy and as I say this is my first time asking a girl out.

So basically I'm just looking for advice on how to ask someone out in the best way possible as I myself am inexperienced - I've been approached before but I've never approached someone else. I suppose I've always tried to wait for people to approach me but maybe that only gets you so far. Do I go in tentatively or just be honest?

Thanks guys



Submitted February 11, 2020 at 11:52PM

Hi GuysI understand that there will be countless threads like this but I couldn't find one to deal with my particular concerns. Basically there's a girl (F19) in one of my classes who I'd like to ask out. My worries are as follows...I don't know her super well, we only talk in class, on average I speak to her about 10 mins per week. I'd love to talk to her more, but the only way to do so is to ask her out.I'm worried if I get rejected it will be a little awkward as we will still be in the same class.Therefore ideally I'd look for a way of asking her out which could potentially be framed as not quite a 'date'. I understand that this is a little foolish, but ideally I could make a hint but then back down if I get rejected so it wouldn't be so awkward. And yeah I know I sound like a coward but I'm pretty shy and as I say this is my first time asking a girl out.So basically I'm just looking for advice on how to ask someone out in the best way possible as I myself am inexperienced - I've been approached before but I've never approached someone else. I suppose I've always tried to wait for people to approach me but maybe that only gets you so far. Do I go in tentatively or just be honest?Thanks guys

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.