Was my [17F] doctor [50sM] being creepy to me or am I overthinking?

I'm not 17 anymore, I'm an adult but this happened when I was 17. Basically I used to suffer from arthritis and I was regularly sent to this doctor. He knew I suffer from anxiety and am a generally meek person so I never said anything but this is something that really confuses me.

One thing I want to say beforehand is that I don't wish to accuse him or anything, I am only asking this for my own clarity so that I can realise it and move on, I have no wish to contact him and I no longer have arthritis so I won't need to meet him again. So please don't think that I'm trying to accuse an innocent person, I just would like some clarity about this.

Now, what happened is that I used to go to him and he would make me lay down and start pressing his hand over my chest (above my clothes, but sometimes I'd be wearing a V necked shirt so there would be some skin sometimes), and would press his hand really hard over my chest and the space between my boobs and a lot of pressing his whole hand on my boobs. But I had pain in my knee, so why did he feel the need to do that stuff to my chest? It is just very confusing, I don't know if that was his technique and obviously he's a doctor so he knows better. But I've gone to other doctors for the same issue before and they never checked my chest like that. He would check my knee for one second but would go straight to my chest every single time afterwards and spend a lot of time on my chest instead.

I felt very humiliated and uncomfortable after every time that it happened to the point that I started dreading going to him because I didn't want his hand on my chest again but I stayed silent.

I'm sorry if this is an offensive question, I have no wish to accuse him or anything, I just want to know what happened to me so that I can think about it clearly without being so lost and confused. I don't have anyone else to talk to about this so I'm asking internet strangers.

TL;DR - Very confused about what my doctor did to me when I was younger



Submitted January 22, 2020 at 12:12AM

I'm not 17 anymore, I'm an adult but this happened when I was 17. Basically I used to suffer from arthritis and I was regularly sent to this doctor. He knew I suffer from anxiety and am a generally meek person so I never said anything but this is something that really confuses me.One thing I want to say beforehand is that I don't wish to accuse him or anything, I am only asking this for my own clarity so that I can realise it and move on, I have no wish to contact him and I no longer have arthritis so I won't need to meet him again. So please don't think that I'm trying to accuse an innocent person, I just would like some clarity about this.Now, what happened is that I used to go to him and he would make me lay down and start pressing his hand over my chest (above my clothes, but sometimes I'd be wearing a V necked shirt so there would be some skin sometimes), and would press his hand really hard over my chest and the space between my boobs and a lot of pressing his whole hand on my boobs. But I had pain in my knee, so why did he feel the need to do that stuff to my chest? It is just very confusing, I don't know if that was his technique and obviously he's a doctor so he knows better. But I've gone to other doctors for the same issue before and they never checked my chest like that. He would check my knee for one second but would go straight to my chest every single time afterwards and spend a lot of time on my chest instead.I felt very humiliated and uncomfortable after every time that it happened to the point that I started dreading going to him because I didn't want his hand on my chest again but I stayed silent.I'm sorry if this is an offensive question, I have no wish to accuse him or anything, I just want to know what happened to me so that I can think about it clearly without being so lost and confused. I don't have anyone else to talk to about this so I'm asking internet strangers.TL;DR - Very confused about what my doctor did to me when I was younger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.