Are these mixed signals or am I just overthinking it?

Had a date planned with her on Friday, but we went out with a group of mutual friends as well on Thursday. She ended up cancelling the date for the 2 of us on Friday because she felt hungover from the night before. I replied saying it was fine and that we should plan something else another time and she agreed.

I’m usually the one starting the conversations over text, but I usually just leave the texts for organising dates as she is an awful texter. She hasn’t gotten back in touch since Friday - but like I said it’s always me that initiates. She does sometimes send the first text, but it’ll usually be a pet picture. She has suggested a date idea once, but it’s only happened once so far.

I would take the lack of serious initiation as a sign of disinterest, but she always agrees to the dates that I plan, but there’s only so many times I can initiate before I have the thought in the back of my mind that she is only accepting because she thinks we’re friends or is uninterested but won’t be honest with me. But when we do see each other, the dates go really well.

Just looking for advice- should I initiate again? There’s no reason why she’d decline as it’s not our first date, and have been on dates together in the past. She’s also a really bad texter - completely different in person.

Thank you



Submitted January 22, 2020 at 12:10AM

Had a date planned with her on Friday, but we went out with a group of mutual friends as well on Thursday. She ended up cancelling the date for the 2 of us on Friday because she felt hungover from the night before. I replied saying it was fine and that we should plan something else another time and she agreed.I’m usually the one starting the conversations over text, but I usually just leave the texts for organising dates as she is an awful texter. She hasn’t gotten back in touch since Friday - but like I said it’s always me that initiates. She does sometimes send the first text, but it’ll usually be a pet picture. She has suggested a date idea once, but it’s only happened once so far.I would take the lack of serious initiation as a sign of disinterest, but she always agrees to the dates that I plan, but there’s only so many times I can initiate before I have the thought in the back of my mind that she is only accepting because she thinks we’re friends or is uninterested but won’t be honest with me. But when we do see each other, the dates go really well.Just looking for advice- should I initiate again? There’s no reason why she’d decline as it’s not our first date, and have been on dates together in the past. She’s also a really bad texter - completely different in person.Thank you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.