Fear of racism

First off I am Indian,

I have a preconceived prejudice from elementary school that people are racist to brown people. No evidence has shown that that has been accurate as I’ve grown up.

My fear especially is of white women with blonde hair which is very common in the southern US where I live.

New semester at school started today- and while I am fit and attractive I get socially anxious that people are judging me. “Oh look at the loser Indian” or “ew I wouldn’t date an Indian” or that “they’re the inferior race”.

This might be a projection because I’m ashamed to say, but I think that of my own race.

Would appreciate advice



Submitted January 14, 2020 at 12:17AM

First off I am Indian,I have a preconceived prejudice from elementary school that people are racist to brown people. No evidence has shown that that has been accurate as I’ve grown up.My fear especially is of white women with blonde hair which is very common in the southern US where I live.New semester at school started today- and while I am fit and attractive I get socially anxious that people are judging me. “Oh look at the loser Indian” or “ew I wouldn’t date an Indian” or that “they’re the inferior race”.This might be a projection because I’m ashamed to say, but I think that of my own race.Would appreciate advice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.