My first app boyfriend and how it’s different than meeting in real life

I met an awesome guy a couple months ago on Hinge. I’m seriously so happy with him! What I didn’t consider when going on on dates with guys I met online is how different it is getting to know them an in intimate way immediately, compared to past boyfriends who I got to know platonically first then moved into a relationship zone.

I want to know so much about him, but we’ve only been dating a couple months, and made it exclusive after about 5 dates. I feel really good about us and where we are going, but I think we’re still on our best behavior in a way since it’s all still new.

It’s just so different getting to know someone while already in an exclusive relationship compared to getting to know someone really well then deciding to be in a relationship, which is how my past relationships have worked.

Can anyone else relate??



Submitted December 27, 2019 at 12:00AM

I met an awesome guy a couple months ago on Hinge. I’m seriously so happy with him! What I didn’t consider when going on on dates with guys I met online is how different it is getting to know them an in intimate way immediately, compared to past boyfriends who I got to know platonically first then moved into a relationship zone.I want to know so much about him, but we’ve only been dating a couple months, and made it exclusive after about 5 dates. I feel really good about us and where we are going, but I think we’re still on our best behavior in a way since it’s all still new.It’s just so different getting to know someone while already in an exclusive relationship compared to getting to know someone really well then deciding to be in a relationship, which is how my past relationships have worked.Can anyone else relate??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.