Is it ridiculous to delete a girl over her cringe snapchat stories?

Hey so, girl loving girl here. I don’t know if being lesbian really makes a difference here but I thought I should add it in.

I messaged a girl on tinder about two weeks ago. She’s very much my type on paper, (I’m feminine, she’s masculine) and much hotter than me so I opened up with a painfully cheesy compliment, fully expecting her to not reply.

Surprisingly, she did, and after a while she asks for my number/snapchat. We’ve been messaging/sending videos of us talking for 9 days straight now. I haven’t talked to any other girls since starting to chat to her because, 1) my type is very specific and in my city, most lesbians are also femme which isn’t for me and 2) I’m a terrible multitasker - when I’m talking to a girl, I can’t handle talking to multiple others.

However, I couldn’t help noticing straight away that her snapchat stories were plentiful and kind of cringe. I’d already noticed that her Instagram was wall-to-wall selfies, but thought ‘so be it - before I deleted my Instagram profile, I had a ton of selfies too.’ Plus, she’s cute and unique looking and she clearly knows it. Nothing wrong with that, in theory.

However, she seems to be quite the oversharer on snapchat. She posts stories everyday (I personally rarely do) and while some are just being funny or sarcastic, she also posts slight rants about her mom (bad relationship with her mom) and even a long written story about her deceased aunt.

Then last night, when she was out partying for Christmas night, she posted multiple pictures and videos of the girls she was out with saying things like ‘my babygirl’ and ‘I want your babies’ etc. I get that she would have been drinking but that still feels like 17 year old stuff to say (or maybe I’m judgmental, I don’t know).

She doesn’t live in my city but she said she was willing to travel down to go on a date with me, and even respected that I didn’t want to send nudes until the date.

Would I be a total dumbass to delete her and not go on a date with her because of her annoying snapchat habits? I mean other than that, I’d say we would get on well and I’ve learned quite a lot about her already. She didn’t strike me when we started talking as the kind of person who’d constantly post cringe stories.



Submitted December 27, 2019 at 12:08AM

Hey so, girl loving girl here. I don’t know if being lesbian really makes a difference here but I thought I should add it in.I messaged a girl on tinder about two weeks ago. She’s very much my type on paper, (I’m feminine, she’s masculine) and much hotter than me so I opened up with a painfully cheesy compliment, fully expecting her to not reply.Surprisingly, she did, and after a while she asks for my number/snapchat. We’ve been messaging/sending videos of us talking for 9 days straight now. I haven’t talked to any other girls since starting to chat to her because, 1) my type is very specific and in my city, most lesbians are also femme which isn’t for me and 2) I’m a terrible multitasker - when I’m talking to a girl, I can’t handle talking to multiple others.However, I couldn’t help noticing straight away that her snapchat stories were plentiful and kind of cringe. I’d already noticed that her Instagram was wall-to-wall selfies, but thought ‘so be it - before I deleted my Instagram profile, I had a ton of selfies too.’ Plus, she’s cute and unique looking and she clearly knows it. Nothing wrong with that, in theory.However, she seems to be quite the oversharer on snapchat. She posts stories everyday (I personally rarely do) and while some are just being funny or sarcastic, she also posts slight rants about her mom (bad relationship with her mom) and even a long written story about her deceased aunt.Then last night, when she was out partying for Christmas night, she posted multiple pictures and videos of the girls she was out with saying things like ‘my babygirl’ and ‘I want your babies’ etc. I get that she would have been drinking but that still feels like 17 year old stuff to say (or maybe I’m judgmental, I don’t know).She doesn’t live in my city but she said she was willing to travel down to go on a date with me, and even respected that I didn’t want to send nudes until the date.Would I be a total dumbass to delete her and not go on a date with her because of her annoying snapchat habits? I mean other than that, I’d say we would get on well and I’ve learned quite a lot about her already. She didn’t strike me when we started talking as the kind of person who’d constantly post cringe stories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.