I’m struggling to speak to the guy I like in person, but we’re fine talking over text?

There’s a guy [21M] I [20F] have been speaking to. We know each other but have matched on tinder and been chatting a bit, and now moved over to text and Snapchat.

I really like speaking to him. I do think I like him, and I get hints that he likes me, but I still don’t know if he’s just being nice and friendly because we do know each other and have to see each other every week. Like for example, he remembers things I say, and he tells me I’m sweet and he’s good at replying usually, conversations flow well.

But then when we see each other we don’t actually speak at all? We have a lecture together every Thursday and maybe because I have different friends in the class to him, we just don’t end up talking or even saying hi to each other.

To be honest I can’t even look at him because I’m so nervous, and it always makes me think oh god he doesn’t actually like me does he, he is just being nice.

What can I do to increase my confidence so I can actually speak to him? I’m going to make extra effort next week to get there early so there’s a chance. But I don’t know what I’d say either. I don’t want to just go up to him and start speaking because that’s a bit unusual considering we haven’t spoken much in person, and it’s a bit bold (which I am not), but how do I casually just start speaking to him or interact/flirt with him a little bit when I see him??

God it’s so hard. Messaging is so easy but when I see him I’m just all nerves and i just find it easier to not do anything, but that isn’t getting me anywhere.



Submitted October 18, 2019 at 11:39PM

There’s a guy [21M] I [20F] have been speaking to. We know each other but have matched on tinder and been chatting a bit, and now moved over to text and Snapchat.I really like speaking to him. I do think I like him, and I get hints that he likes me, but I still don’t know if he’s just being nice and friendly because we do know each other and have to see each other every week. Like for example, he remembers things I say, and he tells me I’m sweet and he’s good at replying usually, conversations flow well.But then when we see each other we don’t actually speak at all? We have a lecture together every Thursday and maybe because I have different friends in the class to him, we just don’t end up talking or even saying hi to each other.To be honest I can’t even look at him because I’m so nervous, and it always makes me think oh god he doesn’t actually like me does he, he is just being nice.What can I do to increase my confidence so I can actually speak to him? I’m going to make extra effort next week to get there early so there’s a chance. But I don’t know what I’d say either. I don’t want to just go up to him and start speaking because that’s a bit unusual considering we haven’t spoken much in person, and it’s a bit bold (which I am not), but how do I casually just start speaking to him or interact/flirt with him a little bit when I see him??God it’s so hard. Messaging is so easy but when I see him I’m just all nerves and i just find it easier to not do anything, but that isn’t getting me anywhere.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.