I [22F] am frequently uninterested in the stories my husband [24M] tells me.

I realize I'm at least mostly (if not entirely) in the wrong here, but I want to figure out what I should do.

We've been married for 4 months and have been together for 2.3 years. We have really good conversations when we talk about stuff that interests both of us and can be discussed for a while (politics, religion, finances, etc.) I like topics like these because we generally agree but can play devil's advocate, rant, talk about the future or hypotheticals, basically have a discussion where both sides can have input and carry on.

But a lot of the time he wants to talk about his computer games. He's especially excited about the one where you gather materials and build stuff (you know) and he's always talking about the house he's building on his island or whatever and how he wants to show his friends and they're going to think it's really cool.

I don't know how to respond in any way that makes me sound interested. I don't care at all. He keeps saying he wants me to play with him and then I'll understand, but I'd rather do so many other things with my time, and the game doesn't appeal to me. Besides this, there are a couple other games he tells me about, and sometimes he wants to show me the literal work he does at his job (boring engineer forms or something).

He's really good at listening to me; I probably say boring stuff a lot too, I don't know. And I'm glad he's happy and gets to play with his friends online, but I don't want to be a part of it, and I have no basis for thinking what he does is cool in any way.

I'm not really asking a specific question I guess; just looking for general advice.

TLDR; Husband tells me stories about his computer games and stuff that I find really boring, and I'm not good at listening.



Submitted September 30, 2019 at 12:14AM

I realize I'm at least mostly (if not entirely) in the wrong here, but I want to figure out what I should do.We've been married for 4 months and have been together for 2.3 years. We have really good conversations when we talk about stuff that interests both of us and can be discussed for a while (politics, religion, finances, etc.) I like topics like these because we generally agree but can play devil's advocate, rant, talk about the future or hypotheticals, basically have a discussion where both sides can have input and carry on.But a lot of the time he wants to talk about his computer games. He's especially excited about the one where you gather materials and build stuff (you know) and he's always talking about the house he's building on his island or whatever and how he wants to show his friends and they're going to think it's really cool.I don't know how to respond in any way that makes me sound interested. I don't care at all. He keeps saying he wants me to play with him and then I'll understand, but I'd rather do so many other things with my time, and the game doesn't appeal to me. Besides this, there are a couple other games he tells me about, and sometimes he wants to show me the literal work he does at his job (boring engineer forms or something).He's really good at listening to me; I probably say boring stuff a lot too, I don't know. And I'm glad he's happy and gets to play with his friends online, but I don't want to be a part of it, and I have no basis for thinking what he does is cool in any way.I'm not really asking a specific question I guess; just looking for general advice.TLDR; Husband tells me stories about his computer games and stuff that I find really boring, and I'm not good at listening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.