I (20F) can’t stop feeling nervous around the girl I’ve been seeing (21F) even though she’s explicitly told me she likes me??

Advice needed pls!!

I met this girl on Tinder 2 years ago and she’s literally the girl of my dreams. Smart, funny, GORGEOUS, the whole lot.

We went on two dates two years ago, and things sort of just fizzled out for a while. (We were both busy with school, I ended up getting a boyfriend for a couple months (I’m bisexual), etc.) We still texted from time to time, but hadn’t seen each other since.

Well, last week I texted her and finally got the guts to ask her out again. She agreed and we went on a date last night.

The date went really well, but one problem I’ve had all three times we’ve gone out is this super intense anxiety I’ve been getting around her. I’ve never had this issue before, I’m usually very relaxed and easygoing, but I guess I’m just so focused on trying to impress her, or I’m scared of fucking this up or something, idk.

She’s told me she’s a quiet/shy person by nature, and after our date last night she actually texted me to reassure me that she does like me and not to take her quietness the wrong way, lol.

So what I’m asking is this: how can I get over this stupid fear that she doesn’t like me?? This girl is amazing and I really don’t want to mess things up, but I’m afraid my self-imposed tension is going to cause that anyways, so I’m stuck in this paradox of being afraid to show too much interest but by nervously being withholding, the potential relationship can’t even progress at all!

TLDR: had a crush for 2 years, she tells me she likes me but is just quiet, my crushing anxiety is going to ruin this before it even rly starts



Submitted September 28, 2019 at 12:05AM

Advice needed pls!!I met this girl on Tinder 2 years ago and she’s literally the girl of my dreams. Smart, funny, GORGEOUS, the whole lot.We went on two dates two years ago, and things sort of just fizzled out for a while. (We were both busy with school, I ended up getting a boyfriend for a couple months (I’m bisexual), etc.) We still texted from time to time, but hadn’t seen each other since.Well, last week I texted her and finally got the guts to ask her out again. She agreed and we went on a date last night.The date went really well, but one problem I’ve had all three times we’ve gone out is this super intense anxiety I’ve been getting around her. I’ve never had this issue before, I’m usually very relaxed and easygoing, but I guess I’m just so focused on trying to impress her, or I’m scared of fucking this up or something, idk.She’s told me she’s a quiet/shy person by nature, and after our date last night she actually texted me to reassure me that she does like me and not to take her quietness the wrong way, lol.So what I’m asking is this: how can I get over this stupid fear that she doesn’t like me?? This girl is amazing and I really don’t want to mess things up, but I’m afraid my self-imposed tension is going to cause that anyways, so I’m stuck in this paradox of being afraid to show too much interest but by nervously being withholding, the potential relationship can’t even progress at all!TLDR: had a crush for 2 years, she tells me she likes me but is just quiet, my crushing anxiety is going to ruin this before it even rly starts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.