/u/uncle_SAM98 on Should greysexuals settle for an asexual relationship?

I don't know, man. I think a lot of asexuals feel this way even if they've never felt sexual attraction before bc of the whole "never say never" mindset, and bc they secretly really hope one person comes along one day that can make them feel what everyone else gets to feel normally. I've felt this way too. I know it's hard to put into practice, but the revelation that changed the way I think is that I need to stop thinking of a relationship with no sexual attraction as "settling." I had internalized the idea that asexual relationships and ace love were less real than those with sexual attraction in the mix, and that was really harmful for me. It's still sometimes hard to train myself to think positively and inclusively, but it's better for me and my mental health. As normal as it is to want what most other people have, we can't let allonormative society brainwash us into thinking that we're failures or "settling" if we break the mold and pursue relationships that seem unconventional.





July 02, 2019 at 12:11AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.