(M24) cheated on by wife (b24) a while ago, am I being an idiot?

Hi, I’ve never posted to reddit before but I’m struggling with my feelings at the moment so looking for some advice about whether or not I’m still being an idiot.

I’m 24, I’ve been with my wife since we were 16. 2.5 years ago we found out she was pregnant (we were trying)

A few month after that I found messages on her phone joking about pictures that her and the guy had sent to each other and talking about how he’d found somewhere good for them to fuck next. I was an idiot, she was pregnant and she persuaded me that they’d sent pictures but never done anything physical.

We had our son and everything was good, she’s now pregnant again. During a conversation she finally admitted that she was sleeping with him, unprotected, at the same time as we were trying for our first baby. She says it happened 3 times but our son is definitely mine because she took the morning after pill. It broke me, I’ve been depressed and anxious about everything since finding out.

Do you think that now she’s admitted awful details (no condom, happened 3 times etc) that I know now the actual truth? Or am I being just as stupid as I was when she convinced me nothing had happened the first time?

We’re having our second child soon, I found out about this a few months ago and didn’t leave her, but I’m now severely questioning if I should have. Just wanted a rant. I’ve treated her like a queen since day one and I’m a little broken at the moment.

TL;DR: am I being an idiot for staying?



Submitted July 02, 2019 at 12:21AM

Hi, I’ve never posted to reddit before but I’m struggling with my feelings at the moment so looking for some advice about whether or not I’m still being an idiot.I’m 24, I’ve been with my wife since we were 16. 2.5 years ago we found out she was pregnant (we were trying)A few month after that I found messages on her phone joking about pictures that her and the guy had sent to each other and talking about how he’d found somewhere good for them to fuck next. I was an idiot, she was pregnant and she persuaded me that they’d sent pictures but never done anything physical.We had our son and everything was good, she’s now pregnant again. During a conversation she finally admitted that she was sleeping with him, unprotected, at the same time as we were trying for our first baby. She says it happened 3 times but our son is definitely mine because she took the morning after pill. It broke me, I’ve been depressed and anxious about everything since finding out.Do you think that now she’s admitted awful details (no condom, happened 3 times etc) that I know now the actual truth? Or am I being just as stupid as I was when she convinced me nothing had happened the first time?We’re having our second child soon, I found out about this a few months ago and didn’t leave her, but I’m now severely questioning if I should have. Just wanted a rant. I’ve treated her like a queen since day one and I’m a little broken at the moment.TL;DR: am I being an idiot for staying?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.