/u/keakealani on I think we should help others so this comes here

Yes, I agree, it’s complicated. The flip side is that I feel these sorts of posts are very susceptible to spreading hoaxes and “fake news” (forgive the loaded term)... often they have no actual references/verification, and such posts could serve to whip up hysteria about something that may not have even occurred. Like I said, perhaps I’m too cynical. I truly do want to help out and spread awareness for real problems, and I agree that social media can help get the attention of the actual media in important ways, but I don’t want to be naive about these sorts of posts and fall right into some troll playbook.





July 31, 2019 at 12:16AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.