I want to date but I have no job and live at home. 32/M

Bluntness aside, Let me explain now.

Almost a year ago, I moved back home to my Parent's house. The reason being was the Job I took in another City did not work out and I realized I was not getting where I wanted to in my Career. So they (my parents) offered the option of living at home while I went to school full time to get my remaining hours necessary with the responsibilities of me helping around the House, etc.

Since then, I have really put my nose to the grindstone in getting good grades (all A's and B's), exercising, occasionally volunteering when I have the time, and visiting with friends.

But I realize at 32, it's only going to get harder to meet someone and I really don't want to just wait until I have my Ducks all in a row. More importantly, I realize it doesn't work like that. You just have to seize the moment (I hate how cliche that sounds).

Today I was just able to talk to some of the opposite Sex and it felt really good. I've felt like I hadn't existed to the opposite Sex since March of last year and just talking, with no expectations, made me have a little snap in my walk.

So what's stopping me from dating besides living at home? No job.

I have started applying in the past month but let's be honest, it is the dead of Summer and no one will really start interviewing or hiring for another month at earliest. So once classes end, I feel I will really be in the hurt locker as I won't have classes to distract me and I feel like my parents won't like me trying to do volunteer work when I should be looking for a Job.

And let's be honest, both of those are going to be deal-breakers to the opposite Sex. Even if I am headed in a good direction.

So do I just wait until I have a job to really put myself out there?

Or wait until I have both a job and a place of my own?

My Therapist said that I should just date and only bring it up if they ask. I just find that hard to believe it won't come up within the First Conversation or Date and then it will get awkward.



Submitted July 06, 2019 at 11:57PM

Bluntness aside, Let me explain now.Almost a year ago, I moved back home to my Parent's house. The reason being was the Job I took in another City did not work out and I realized I was not getting where I wanted to in my Career. So they (my parents) offered the option of living at home while I went to school full time to get my remaining hours necessary with the responsibilities of me helping around the House, etc.Since then, I have really put my nose to the grindstone in getting good grades (all A's and B's), exercising, occasionally volunteering when I have the time, and visiting with friends.But I realize at 32, it's only going to get harder to meet someone and I really don't want to just wait until I have my Ducks all in a row. More importantly, I realize it doesn't work like that. You just have to seize the moment (I hate how cliche that sounds).Today I was just able to talk to some of the opposite Sex and it felt really good. I've felt like I hadn't existed to the opposite Sex since March of last year and just talking, with no expectations, made me have a little snap in my walk.So what's stopping me from dating besides living at home? No job.I have started applying in the past month but let's be honest, it is the dead of Summer and no one will really start interviewing or hiring for another month at earliest. So once classes end, I feel I will really be in the hurt locker as I won't have classes to distract me and I feel like my parents won't like me trying to do volunteer work when I should be looking for a Job.And let's be honest, both of those are going to be deal-breakers to the opposite Sex. Even if I am headed in a good direction.So do I just wait until I have a job to really put myself out there?Or wait until I have both a job and a place of my own?My Therapist said that I should just date and only bring it up if they ask. I just find that hard to believe it won't come up within the First Conversation or Date and then it will get awkward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.