Am I overreacting to my partner’s phone?

I am a (26) female dating a (26) Male. We both have 2 children each from past partners. We recently started living together.

He always hides his phone from me, to the point of making me paranoid. I looked through it when he was asleep.

I found two things that concerned me and I am not sure if I’m overreacting or not so I want other opinions before I make something more out of nothing.

One of his female friends sent him pictures of her in underwear on Facebook messenger. He heart reacted the picture. He did not reply to it, and dodged all of her attempts to hang out alone (specifically with her saying without me knowing) by claiming he had other responsibilities. He claims the heart react was an accident.

The second is that he still tells his ex, who he has kids with, that he will “always have a place in his heart for her” and will send hearts in birthday messages. He has told her clearly that he will never touch her again. But some of his messages weird me out a little bit. Such as telling her that he misses the good times they had together. He claims he only says things like that to keep on good terms so he can see his children still, but she is very possessive of him and will tell mutual friends she can have him.

I am not used to any of this. This is the first time I have ever dated anyone else with children, and I think I possibly could be overreacting because I’m an anxious person.

TL;DR: Went through partner’s phone and found out weird females send him underwear pictures, and he still sends sweet messages to his ex.



Submitted June 28, 2019 at 11:42PM

I am a (26) female dating a (26) Male. We both have 2 children each from past partners. We recently started living together.He always hides his phone from me, to the point of making me paranoid. I looked through it when he was asleep.I found two things that concerned me and I am not sure if I’m overreacting or not so I want other opinions before I make something more out of nothing.One of his female friends sent him pictures of her in underwear on Facebook messenger. He heart reacted the picture. He did not reply to it, and dodged all of her attempts to hang out alone (specifically with her saying without me knowing) by claiming he had other responsibilities. He claims the heart react was an accident.The second is that he still tells his ex, who he has kids with, that he will “always have a place in his heart for her” and will send hearts in birthday messages. He has told her clearly that he will never touch her again. But some of his messages weird me out a little bit. Such as telling her that he misses the good times they had together. He claims he only says things like that to keep on good terms so he can see his children still, but she is very possessive of him and will tell mutual friends she can have him.I am not used to any of this. This is the first time I have ever dated anyone else with children, and I think I possibly could be overreacting because I’m an anxious person.TL;DR: Went through partner’s phone and found out weird females send him underwear pictures, and he still sends sweet messages to his ex.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.