/u/Ruruskadoo on I feel like having a squish is so hard and weird

For me I don't find it painful per se so much as a bit obsessive. I find myself constantly thinking about them and wanting to be closer to them and for them to think I'm as cool a person as I think they are.

It's mostly a warm fuzzy kind of feeling, but it can be a bit distracting and definitely embarrassing; and it can be kind of frustrating not being able to dismiss the feeling immediately and focus entirely on something else as my mind tends to wander back to that person multiple times throughout the day.

What I find tends to help aside from just letting time work things out is sitting down and really thinking about why I admire that person so much. What are the qualities that make me feel this way about that person? What's the motivation of the feeling, is it a desire to grow a friendship with someone I'm not close to, a wish to get closer to someone who's already my friend, or a feeling of happiness that I feel so close to a friend I care about so much? Do I want to do anything to address these feelings such as attempting to get to know them better, or am I fine with how things are now?

Once I've analyzed it a bit I find the obsessive quality isn't as strong and I can more easily put that feeling to the side and move on with whatever else I'd like to be thinking about or doing. The general happy feeling of it usually still lingers for some time after, but it's not as hard to ignore or as distracting/distressing in its intensity.





April 28, 2019 at 05:00AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.