My love, you forgive me.

How long it's been since first we met

as strangers,

since we first loved as strangers,

since I was a child and you,

a dark shadow,

a haunting of my disobedient heart.

So foolish I was,

lusting after visions of you

under moonlight,

and your patchwork skin,

and still, straying,

unloyal even to my wishes to be worthy

of your affection and respect.

Before I lied,

before the earth was churned beneath my feet,

when we saw each other only behind closed eyes.

How long it's been

since I couldn't call your scent to mind at any time,

since I couldn't remember the texture of your dark hair.

Let it be longer that I wake to whisper to you in the night,

much longer that your soul is familiar to mine.

Stay, stay after the sun is gone,

stay until I too, am done,

and we can quit this game together.

How long it's been

since I felt unknown and alone

in this world.

Ever longer keep my heart as company.



Submitted April 28, 2019 at 04:01AM

How long it's been since first we metas strangers,since we first loved as strangers,since I was a child and you,a dark shadow,a haunting of my disobedient heart.So foolish I was,lusting after visions of youunder moonlight,and your patchwork skin,and still, straying,unloyal even to my wishes to be worthyof your affection and respect.Before I lied,before the earth was churned beneath my feet,when we saw each other only behind closed eyes.How long it's beensince I couldn't call your scent to mind at any time,since I couldn't remember the texture of your dark hair.Let it be longer that I wake to whisper to you in the night,much longer that your soul is familiar to mine.Stay, stay after the sun is gone,stay until I too, am done,and we can quit this game together.How long it's beensince I felt unknown and alonein this world.Ever longer keep my heart as company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.