Not sure if the girl wants to go on a second date

So, I met someone online, and after talking a bit, she casually asked what's my preferred date spot, and we agreed on a place to meet up.

She rescheduled what we initially planned for, which I found reasonable, because things happen, plans change.

So we finally met on the day and time she suggested. Our conversation kinda went like a therapy session with probably a bit too much depth for a first date. She and I are in the same profession and have similar career goals, so the entire time kind of went by in that topic only.

After parting our ways and reaching home, I texted her this:

Me: Hope you got home safe. I had an awesome time with you, hopefully we can see each other again soon! (If you feel like it too, obviously :) )

Her: Yup! Got home safe! Thanks for checking up on me ☺️

Me: 👍 😄 Have a good night!

Her: No response

Now, I think our date went relatively okay, but the fact that she stalled my proposal of going out again makes me think she isn't interested. However, the emoji is a bit confusing.

Should I have been more specific when asking about going out again? I don't know if she wants the conversation to keep going, and I don't wanna pester someone who isn't really interested.

Any thoughts?



Submitted December 02, 2021 at 11:50PM

So, I met someone online, and after talking a bit, she casually asked what's my preferred date spot, and we agreed on a place to meet up.She rescheduled what we initially planned for, which I found reasonable, because things happen, plans change.So we finally met on the day and time she suggested. Our conversation kinda went like a therapy session with probably a bit too much depth for a first date. She and I are in the same profession and have similar career goals, so the entire time kind of went by in that topic only.After parting our ways and reaching home, I texted her this:Me: Hope you got home safe. I had an awesome time with you, hopefully we can see each other again soon! (If you feel like it too, obviously :) )Her: Yup! Got home safe! Thanks for checking up on me ☺️Me: 👍 😄 Have a good night!Her: No responseNow, I think our date went relatively okay, but the fact that she stalled my proposal of going out again makes me think she isn't interested. However, the emoji is a bit confusing.Should I have been more specific when asking about going out again? I don't know if she wants the conversation to keep going, and I don't wanna pester someone who isn't really interested.Any thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.