Do women, in general, want to be pursued during courtship?

I’m a 22 year old man in the northeastern US.

I’m rather new to dating, and the experiences I’ve had in the past were quite unique and unusual as I later discovered.

Im now dating a new woman. We’ve gone on a couple dates that went alright. On the second, I decided to initiate some light physicality, since she wasn’t initiating. I figured she wanted me to make the first move.

We held hands for a while, then I asked if she wanted to kiss in my car, and she said no. I left it there.

This woman is not very forthcoming about physical intimacy, where the women I’ve dated in the past were very forward.

My question is whether most women prefer to be passive and let the man initiate physicality? Do they want intimacy to happen to them, as opposed to making it happen themselves?



Submitted November 14, 2021 at 12:43AM

I’m a 22 year old man in the northeastern US.I’m rather new to dating, and the experiences I’ve had in the past were quite unique and unusual as I later discovered.Im now dating a new woman. We’ve gone on a couple dates that went alright. On the second, I decided to initiate some light physicality, since she wasn’t initiating. I figured she wanted me to make the first move.We held hands for a while, then I asked if she wanted to kiss in my car, and she said no. I left it there.This woman is not very forthcoming about physical intimacy, where the women I’ve dated in the past were very forward.My question is whether most women prefer to be passive and let the man initiate physicality? Do they want intimacy to happen to them, as opposed to making it happen themselves?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.