Would you be with a girl that have previously been with one of your friends?

I'm [M24] from a rather small town, and I recently found out that the girl [22] I'm currently dating has dated one of my friends.

The girl is very interested in me and isn't afraid of showing it. I think I like her too.

Now, here's the interesting part.

Today she wondered why I never asked about her previous relationships and sex life, to which I said that such questions are usually answered dishonestly.

She said that she won't answer exactly everything, but she wouldn't lie. Fair enough.

In short, I'm now 98% sure that she have dated one of my friends 4 years ago, for 10 months.

I've always known about this guy as an acquaintance, but actually got to know him a little less than 2 years ago through my best friend. We've met a few times, we don't really hang out, but I know that he respects me a lot and I do the same.

After knowing this, for some reason it just feels over. It actually made me sad, and I can't say that I don't care.

Part of me is thinking that there are plenty of other girls out there that none of my friends have been with, and another part of me is telling me that I didn't even know this guy when they were dating so I'm "not exactly" dating the ex of a friend.

I'm considering ending this relationship for this reason before we get too invested, but figured that I'd love to hear some opinions from here.

Let me know what you think!



Submitted October 10, 2021 at 11:53PM

I'm [M24] from a rather small town, and I recently found out that the girl [22] I'm currently dating has dated one of my friends.The girl is very interested in me and isn't afraid of showing it. I think I like her too.Now, here's the interesting part.Today she wondered why I never asked about her previous relationships and sex life, to which I said that such questions are usually answered dishonestly.She said that she won't answer exactly everything, but she wouldn't lie. Fair enough.In short, I'm now 98% sure that she have dated one of my friends 4 years ago, for 10 months.I've always known about this guy as an acquaintance, but actually got to know him a little less than 2 years ago through my best friend. We've met a few times, we don't really hang out, but I know that he respects me a lot and I do the same.After knowing this, for some reason it just feels over. It actually made me sad, and I can't say that I don't care.Part of me is thinking that there are plenty of other girls out there that none of my friends have been with, and another part of me is telling me that I didn't even know this guy when they were dating so I'm "not exactly" dating the ex of a friend.I'm considering ending this relationship for this reason before we get too invested, but figured that I'd love to hear some opinions from here.Let me know what you think!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.