/u/AceOfHearts333 on How did you guys realize you were asexual?

One of my close friends sent me an infographic about it via text with “I think this might be you.” when I was in college. I was sitting in my lofted bunk bed and my college roommate (and one of my closest friends) was sitting in her bed across the room. I read it and everything just kind of fell into place. I finally felt like everything just made sense and it was incredible. All the dirty jokes I never understood. All the excuses I made to not go on dates. The fact that is never wanted to sleep with someone and that kissing just seemed unsanitary and uninteresting. So many little things in my life that finally made sense.

Unfortunately I spent the next eight years constantly questioning whether or not it was true and maybe all the people who said “you just haven’t met the right person yet” we’re right as I desperately tried to make my societally-ingrained “dreams” come true. I’m 27 now and I’ve realized that my dreams are to come home and cozy up with a book or manga and my cats. To be naked in my own home whenever I feel like it. To travel the world and not have to worry about anyone but myself. To go to sleep when I choose, wake up when I feel like it, and eat whatever I want whenever I feel like it. It may seem “selfish” that I enjoy prioritizing myself, but I only have one life to live and I fully plan to enjoy every moment of it.





September 20, 2021 at 12:47AM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The difference between being right and being understood

My (27f) gf (27f) is getting tired of me not sharing intimate/ personal info about me

My (23M) girlfriend (25F) relationship is confusing to me. I might be the problem, or maybe we are just incompatible.